Wireless Enabled When Connected Via Ethernet
Dell system users have reported that they were unable to configure their system to disconnect Intel 802.11xx wireless network connections when the system was connected to a 802.3 (Wired/Ethernet) network connection using a Windows based operating system.
Enable Adapter Switching in the Intel PROSet Utility
The adapter switching function of the Intel PROSet utility will disabled 801.11xx wireless when a wired/Ethernet connection is available.
To configure adapter switching, complete the steps listed below:
- Open the Intel® PROSet/Wireless WiFi Connection Utility
- Select the Administrator Tool from the Tools tab.
- Set a password or enter a new password. (you will need this to make any changes later (Figure 1).
- Create a new package (Figures 2 & 3).
- Select the Application Settings tab (Figure 4).
- Select the option "Adapter Switching."
- Check the box titled "Enable Adapter Switching" in the description window.
- Click Close and save the package (Figure 5).
- Click Finished.
Note: If applying to the current system make sure the check box Apply this package to this computer is checked.
Intel Wireless Networking