Find information on how to submit a Support Request online for in-warranty repairs for a Dell PC. Monitor the activity related to the Support Request and also communicate with Dell on the support history page.
Submitting a support request for an in-warranty issue with your Dell PC just got easier with Support Request Online. Submit a support request on the web and a Dell representative will respond to your request within one business day. You can also save time by running hardware diagnostics on your Dell PC and submit the results within Service Request Online which can help our Dell representatives diagnose the issue quickly. With Support Request Online, monitor all activity related to the Support Request and also communicate with Dell on the support history page. For more information, refer to the How to create a Service Request Online section below.
Submitting an support request online is available for select Dell products. If unavailable, please use an alternate contact method to reach Dell Technical Support
How to create a Support Request Online?
To create a service request online:
- Visit Contact Dell Support page.
- Identify your Dell product by clicking on Detect Product.
Follow the on-screen instructions to install the Dell Detect application. Refer to the Dell knowledge-base article Dell System Detect for more information.
Alternatively, you can either enter the Service Tag, Express Service Code or Serial number for your Dell product and click Submit.
- Under Contact Technical Support, click Email. (Figure 1)
If 'Email' option is unavailable, Support Request Online may not be available for your Dell PC. Contact Dell Technical Support
through Chat or Phone to raise a support request.
Figure 1: Support Request Online using Email
- In the Create Support Request page, select the operating system installed on the Dell PC.
- Under Type of issue, select the symptom or component that you are having trouble with. (Figure 2)
Figure 2: Creating a Support Request Online
- Click Run diagnostics.
Follow the on-screen instructions to install the Dell System Detect application and Dell SupportAssist. Once installed, the Dell PC will now be diagnosed for hardware issues based on the symptom or component that you had selected in Step 5.
Note: Dell recommends that you run the diagnostics (if applicable). You may also choose to skip the diagnostics (if available), however you may be required to run the diagnostic later in order to receive further support.
- Enter the details in the following fields of the form:
- Issue details - Give a brief description of the issue that you are experiencing with the Dell PC.
- Attachment (optional) - Attach screenshots, log files that may help technical support diagnose the issue.
- Contact information - Provide your current contact information.This will help Dell representatives follow-up efficiently.
Frequently Asked Questions
Click the sections below for more information. Alternatively, click on Show all or Hide all, to expand or close all the sections simultaneously.
The file types that are supported for attachments in Service Request Online are:
- Microsoft Excel spreadsheet
- Microsoft Word document
Maximum file size supported is 15MB.
Dell recommends that you run the diagnostics (where applicable). The diagnostic results will help Dell representatives diagnose issues quickly and help save your time.
You may also choose to skip the diagnostics (if available), however you may be required to run the diagnostic later in order to receive further support.
To review the support history for a Dell PC:
- Visit Find Support Requests page.
- Click Sign In and sign in to your Dell account.
Alternatively, you can enter the Service Tag of the Dell PC and email address used to create the request.
Or, click Detect Product to identify your Dell PC and follow the on-screen instructions to install the Dell System Detect application. Refer to the Dell knowledge-base article Dell System Detect for more information.
- Change the second drop-down menu to Filter by date created.
- The service requests will be listed in the order that they were created.