Article Summary: This article addresses how to open a new Command Prompt window.
Perform the following steps to open a Command Prompt in Windows Server Core.
1. Press CTRL-ALT-DEL to view the options.
2. Click Task Manager to open Task Manager.
3. Click More details to show the Task Manager menu.
4. Click the File menu to open the menu.
5. Click Run new task to run cmd.exe.
6. Type cmd.exe and click OK to open a Command Prompt.
This information applies to Windows Server 2012 and Windows Server 2012 R2.
An alternative way to restore the Command Prompt is the choose Sign out after pressing CTRL-ALT-DEL and sign back into Windows Server.
Article ID: HOW10111
Last Date Modified: 06/29/2015 03:40 PM
Thank you for your feedback.