Table of Contents:
- Installing and Configuring the Dell Internal Wireless Card on 5330dn, 2335dn and 2355dn Dell Laser Printers
- Installing the Wireless Adaptor
- Wireless Setup on the 5330dn, 2335dn and 2355dn Dell Laser Printers
1. Installing and Configuring the Dell Internal Wireless Card on 5330dn, 2335dn and 2355dn Dell Laser Printers
In order to use the Dell 5330dn, 2335dn and 2355dn Laser Printers for Wireless Printing and Scanning, you first have to install the Dell Internal Wireless Adaptor and Configure it for the specific system.
Note: You will need all of your network security information, such as SSID in order to complete installation. If you do not have this information, please contact your Network Administrator or Internet Service Provider (ISP) before proceeding.
Back to Top
2. Installing the Wireless Adaptor
- Ensure that the printer is turned off and the power cord is unplugged from the power source.
- For Dell 5330dn laser printer only:
- Detach the dummy panel on the back of your printer using a firm object, such as a screwdriver.
- Slide the control board cover towards the back of the printer to open it (Figure 1).
- Locate the card connector on the printer’s connector board.
- 5.Align and insert the Dell Internal Wireless Adapter into the connector on the control board. Push it into the connector until it is firm and secure (Figure 2).
- Replace the control board cover (Figure 3).
- Reconnect the power cable and all other disconnected cables. Turn on the printer.
Back to Top
3. Wireless Setup on the 5330dn, 2335dn and 2355dn Dell Laser Printers
Note: In order to use the printer wirelessly you need to install and configure the Dell Internal Wireless Adapter (See Instructions Above).
To Print a Network settings report:
Note: In order to Print or Scan wirelessly you will need to ensure that the correct Drivers are installed on the system you are printing from.
If these steps do not correct the problem, please contact Dell Technical Support.
- Open a Web Browser and Input the Printers IP address, found in Network Settings Report.
- Press Menu.
- Press Down Arrow to highlight Reports and press Select.
- Press Down Arrow to highlight Network Settings and press Select.
- Press Right Arrow to highlight Setup and then press Select.
- Press Down Arrow to highlight Reports and then press Select.
- ◦Press Down Arrow to highlight Network Settings and then press Select.
- Press Setup.
- Machine Setup from the home screen.
- Press the Next button.
- Press the up/down arrow to select Reports.
- Press the up/down arrow to select Network Settings.
- Click on Wireless on the left Side (Figure 4).
- Verify that Wizard is selected and then Click on Next.
- Find your wireless SSID in the list and select it; then click Next (Figure 5).
Note: Wireless networks require higher security, so when an access point is first set up, a network name (SSID), the type of security used, and a Network Key are created for the network. Ask your network administrator or Internet Service Provider about this information before proceeding with the machine installation.
- Verify your connectivity and Click Apply (Figure 6).
- Unplug the Ethernet Cable, and Print out a Printer Settings page. Verify IP address and Connectivity. You have successfully setup the wireless card on the 5330dn or 2335dn.
More information can be found in the User Guide
for your model printer, or visit our Printer Support site
for additional information, troubleshooting articles and videos.
Purchase Toner and other Dell Laser Printer Supplies
(select your country in the dropdown shown)
It is recommended that only Dell Branded toner, drums, transfer rollers or other consumables are used in our laser printers. Dell cannot guarantee compatibility or the print quality of any 3rd party consumables.
Back to Top