How to Replace the Toner on the B1160 / B1160w Dell Laser Printers
When a toner cartridge has reached the end of life, the printer will stop printing (Figure 1 & 2).
- Before opening the top cover, close the output support first.
- Do not use sharp objects such as a knife or scissors to open the toner cartridge package. They might scratch the drum of the cartridge.
- If toner gets on your clothing, wipe it off with a dry cloth and wash clothing in cold water. Hot water sets toner into fabric.
- Shake the toner cartridge thoroughly; it will increase the initial print quality.
- Do not touch the green side of the toner cartridge. Use the handle on the cartridge to avoid touching this area.
If these steps do not correct the problem, please contact Dell Technical Support.
More information can be found in the User Guide
for your model printer, or visit our Printer Support site
for additional information, troubleshooting articles and videos.
Purchase Toner and other Dell Laser Printer Supplies
(select your country in the dropdown shown)
It is recommended that only Dell Branded toner, drums, transfer rollers or other consumables are used in our laser printers. Dell cannot guarantee compatibility or the print quality of any 3rd party consumables.
Back to Top