||This article provides information on resolving
the Streak 5 not being able to download system updates.
- Resolving Download System Update Issues
Resolving Download System Update Issues
You can check for over the air updates by going to Settings
, then About
, and then to System Updates
. If an update is available, a notification will be displayed and a “Download and Install
” button should be visible. In some cases, owners have reported that the button to download is not available.
This is not a problem with the Streak 5 hardware, this is an issue with the Android browser, the issue can be worked around by changing the font size in the browser to “Small” or “Medium” instead of “Large” or “Huge”.
To change the font size perform the following steps:
Back to Top
- Open the browser and press the settings/menu button on the right side of the Streak 5.
- Touch More.
- Touch Settings.
- Touch Text Size.
- Select any option other than “Large” or “Huge”.
- Upon returning to the update page, the download button should be visible.
- After completing the download, you can change the font size back to the previous setting if desired.