You may receive an error message that says "Microsoft Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface This device cannot start. (Code 10)". On some systems you may encounter a bang in the device manager next to Teredo Tunneling Device or when attempting to update this device to install the driver, you may receive an error and the driver will not install. The steps below can assist in resolving this issue.
Resolve Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Error From Command Prompt
- Open command prompt with administrator credentials (Find CMD and right-click - Run as Administrator).
- Type netsh and hit Enter.
- Type in int teredo and press Enter
- Type set state disabled and hit Enter
- Open Device Manger and Uninstall Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface
- Go back to the command prompt and type in netsh and hit Enter
- Type int ipv6 and press enter
- Enter in set teredo client and hit Enter
- Go back to the Device Manager and Scan for New Hardware.
- Select Show Hidden Devices from the view menu. The Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface should now be present with no errors.
If the above steps did not resolve the issue, there are also steps that can be taken to edit the registry to resolve the error message.
Note: It is recommended that you backup the registry prior to making any changes. Editing the registry can impact the files required for the operating system to load. Dell is not responsible for any data loss.
Resolve Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Error From the Registry
- In the search bar of the start menu type in 'regedit' to open the registry editor.
- On the left hand side navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CURRENTCONTROLSET\SERVICES\TCPIP6\PARAMETERS
- Select Parameters and in the right hand pane you should then have an option for Disabled Components
- Right click on Disabled Components and set the DWORD value to 0
- Close out of the Registry Editor and Reboot the system.
- This should resolve the error message for the Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface.
Microsoft Community:"Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface This device cannot start. (Code 10)" (English)