This article provides the information on "How to Install Broadcom Wireless Driver on XPS 13 9343 from Ubuntu 15.04 Install Media".
Wireless drivers not installed by default.
Some XPS 13 9343 notebook users are reporting that wireless functionality isn’t operational after installing Ubuntu 15.04. This is due to the DW1560 wireless card requiring Broadcom drivers that aren’t installed by default in Ubuntu.
NOTE: You can have Ubuntu install the drivers during the installation of the OS by checking in the "Install this third party software" check box on the "Preparing to install Ubuntu" screen during the install.
Broadcom driver installation.
Follow the steps below to locate the driver from the Ubuntu install media and run the install from inside Ubuntu. All the following file locations assume the use of a bootable USB drive and that you have it inserted and accessible on the system.
- The Broadcom package requires Dynamic Kernel Module Support (DKMS) so you will first need to install the DKMS package from the following location on the install media: pool/main/d/dkms/dkms_184.108.40.206-2ubuntu3_all.deb.
- Double click on the file and it will bring up Ubuntu Software Center. Click the "Install" button.
- You will be prompted to enter in your admin credentials. Press the "Authenticate" button once you enter the password and the package will install.
- You will see the following if the install is successful.
- Next locate the Broadcom package at the following location on the install media: pool/restricted/b/bcmwl/bcmwl-kernel-source_220.127.116.11+bdcom-0ubuntu2_amd64.deb
- Double click and install the Broadcom package in the same way as you installed DKMS. Once the Broadcom package is installed you will have access to your wireless networks.