When you open your 2-in-1 notebook more than 225 degrees the Keyboard and Touchpad are disabled by default. But there are settings that can override that and may have accidently been turned on.
Some of the key differences between Tablet and Desktop mode include:
- In Tablet mode, the soft-keyboard will automatically open when you touch the screen to input text. In Desktop mode, you will have to touch the soft-keyboard icon in the lower right-hand corner for it to open.
- In Tablet mode, programs are presented in a full-screen by default. In Desktop mode, programs are presented in Windowed mode by default.
To make sure the Keyboard and Touchpad are disabled by default when you use your 2-in-1 in tablet mode, perform the following steps.
- In the Search box, type tablet.
- Touch or click Tablet mode settings (System settings).
- You will be presented with several options.
- Make Windows more touch-friendly when using your device as a tablet. Toggling it off or on switches back and forth from desktop or tablet mode.
- When I sign in. Using the drop-down menu gives you three choices on how your device behaves you it is booted up.
- Remember what I used last.
- Go to the desktop.
- Automatically switch to tablet mode.
- When this device automatically switches tablet mode on or off.
- Ask me before switching.
- Don't ask me and don't switch.
- Don't ask me and always switch.
- Hide the icons on the taskbar in tablet mode. Toggling it off or on switches back and forth from hiding or showing the icons on the taskbar.
When your Windows 10 computer is currently using tablet mode, there will be no tile available on the screen to quickly switch back to desktop mode. To switch from tablet mode back to desktop mode, tap or click the Action Center
icon in the taskbar to bring up a list of quick settings for your computer (Figure 1
). Then tap or click the Tablet mode
setting to toggle between tablet and desktop mode. On a tablet or a computer with a touch-panel display, you can also access the Action Center
settings by performing a quick swipe from the right edge of the screen.
Figure 1: Action Center Icon Location
For more information using Tablet mode with your PC, refer to the following Microsoft article: Get Started with Windows 10 - Use your PC like a tablet .
Out of warranty? No problem click here
, enter your Service Tag and view our offers.
Currently, offers are only available for US, Canada, UK, and France PC Customers. Server and Storage not applicable.