This article provides information on "How to Restore a Dell Computer to its Original Factory Installation with Dell DataSafe Local Backup 2.0".
To restore your computer to the original factory installation, follow these steps
- Turn on the computer, after the Dell logo press F8 key repeatedly until the Advanced Boot Options menu (Advanced Startup Options).
- In Advanced Boot Options, highlight Repair Your Computer and press Enter.
- Click Next and logon to the administrator account in the computer.
- Click Dell DataSafe Restore and Emergency Backup and DataSafe Options.
- Choose Restore without preserving new or changed file. Click Next to continue.
- Choose Yes and click Next to continue.
- Progress status will appear. Click Restart to initiate the restoration process.
When performing the restore, all customer data will be erased and replaced with whatever is in the backup.