This Article provides information about how to create a recovery drive for a Dell factory image.
- What you need
- Create recovery media for your Dell computer
- Use recovery media to factory reset your Dell computer
To create your recovery media, you need:
- Your Dell computer
- A USB drive that is at least 32 GB
To create recovery media, follow these steps:
- Click Start , then type "create recovery drive."
- Select Create a recovery drive.
- At the "User Access Control" prompt, Select Yes to open the Recovery Drive wizard. Keep the check box next to Back up system files to the recovery drive checked, click Next.
- Connect the USB flash drive to an available USB port, make sure that the drive selected is correct, then click Next.
This process deletes all data on the USB key, and may take some time to complete.
- When files have finished copying to the drive, click Finish.
- Remove the drive and store in a safe location.
To use recovery media to reset your Dell computer to its factory state, refer to Dell KB article, "Reset or reinstall Windows 10 on a Dell computer."
Back to Top
Out of warranty? No problem, click here
, enter your Service Tag and view our offers.
Currently, offers are only available for US, Canada, UK, and France PC Customers. Server and Storage not applicable.