Dell EMC OpenManage Operations Connector for Micro Focus OBM
Micro Focus Operations Manager i (OMi) has been renamed to Micro Focus Operations Bridge Manager (OBM).
Features & Benefits
- Single, consistent and holistic view of all Dell EMC devices managed by OpenManage Enterprise and OpenManage Essentials directly from Micro Focus OBM Console
- Policy-based automatic collection, processing and forwarding of complete topology structure of Dell EMC devices including the device group relationship from OpenManage Enterprise / OpenManage Essentials into Micro Focus OBM
- Policy-based automatic collection, processing and forwarding of Event and Alerts data for Dell EMC devices from OpenManage Enterprise / OpenManage Essentials into Micro Focus OBM
- Launch OpenManage Enterprise / OpenManage Essentials web console directly from device or event perspective for further troubleshooting, configuration, updates or other lifecycle management activities
- Automatic collection of policy-based number of nodes that is collected and forwarded from OpenManage Enterprise / OpenManage Essentials into Micro Focus OBM during each topology collection interval
- Protects existing investment in Micro Focus Operation Bridge Manager (OBM) product to easily integrate and monitor Dell EMC hardware
- Improves operational efficiency and flexibility in managing large heterogeneous data center environment
- Increases productivity by reducing the time to maintain, monitor and troubleshoot any issue in hardware infrastructure
- Helps make informed and rapid decisions impacting the availability of data center resources
- Support for Micro Focus Operations Bridge Manager version 2018.11
- Support for Micro Focus Operations Connector (OpsCx) version 2018.05
- Integration with OpenManage Enterprise (minimum version 3.1) for topology and event collection
- Integration with OpenManage Essentials (version 2.5)
Dell EMC OpenManage Operations Connector for Micro Focus OBM is available as a software download and is a licensed product. Licenses are available at server point of sale (POS) and after point of sale (APOS) utilizing these SKUs.
- Licensing structure is Honor-Based and license file can be loaded into a single Micro Focus Operations Connector
- Size the license for the number of Dell EMC devices to manage with OBM. If you want to collect and monitor 125 nodes from OpenManage Enterprise using the Operations Connector, then you can purchase a single license for 125 nodes at POS.
- Licensing is additive. Purchase additional capacity at after point of sale as needed to increase in the number of nodes to monitor. Original license was for 100 nodes. An additional 25 nodes can be purchased APOS for a total of 125 nodes.
- Licenses are perpetual. There is no need to renew the licenses.
Supported Dell Devices
The OpenManage Operations Connector supports all the Dell EMC devices that are supported by OpenManage Enterprise / OpenManage Essentials. For detailed information about the supported Dell EMC devices, see the OpenManage Enterprise Support Matrix at Dell.com/OpenManageManuals.
Download and install
- Download the Dell EMC Operations Connector for Micro Focus OBM self-extracting zip files. The OME installer is packaged as Dell_EMC_OpenManage_Operations_Connector_Micro_Focus_OBM_v2.0_A00.exe file.
- Unzip the Dell_EMC_OpenManage_Operations_Connector_Micro_Focus_OBM_v2.0_A00.exe file on the Operations Connector for Micro Focus OBM server. The following files are unzipped:
- Dell_EMC_OpenManage_Operations_Connector_Micro_Focus OBM_v2.0_Setup.exe file
- Dell_EMC_OpenManage_Operations_Connector_Micro_Focus OBM_v2.0_IG.pdf file
- Dell_EMC_OpenManage_Operations_Connector_Micro_Focus_OBM_v2.0_ReadMe.txt file
- Run Dell_EMC_OpenManage_Operations_Connector_Micro_Focus OBM_v2.0_Setup.exe file from the directory where the files are unzipped.
- Follow the install prompts