Reinstallation of Windows 8.1 with Bing requires specific items when installing to the Dell Venue 8 Pro 5830 tablet. At a minimum you will need:
- USB Windows 8.1 media with Bing (Figure 1) (Dell part number: MCD3Y)
- USB Y-adapter (Figure 2) (Dell part number: 9XHRG)
- Venue 8 Pro AC power adapter with USB cable (Figure 3 & 4)
Steps to Reinstall Windows 8.1 with Bing
Follow these steps to Reinstall Windows 8.1 with Bing:
- Connect the USB Y-Adapter to the tablet, then connect the AC adapter to it using the Micro-USB port of the adapter and insert the USB Operating system media in the USB port.
- Power on the system. Before the Dell Logo is displayed, immediately press the Volume Up button on the right side of the tablet to get to the Windows Boot Menu.
- Boot to Windows 8.1 w/ Bing media.
- Choose your desired language. (Click "See more languages" to show more languages ,if your desired language is not shown.)
- Choose your desired keyboard layout.
- Choose "Troubleshoot" (Tools Icon).
- Choose "Reset your PC" (Cycle Icon).
- If a previous version of Windows was installed, then choose the previous version.
- Click "Next".
- Choose the first option "Yes, repartition the drives".
- Continue installation based on your need to backup data or wipe the partition clean.