What to do if you forget your Windows password
If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
- If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
- If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. For more info, go to the Microsoft account sign-in webpage.
- Have someone with an administrator account on the PC sign in and change your password for you. (If you have an administrator account and remember the administrator password, you can do this yourself)
- If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.
If you know your Operating system, more specific details can be found in these articles:
Windows Vista *
Windows XP *
* Support for Vista and XP has officially ceased, these articles have information but are not maintained.
If you've tried these suggestions and still can't sign in we recommend viewing more info about changing or resetting passwords in Microsofts Change your password articles.
ID de l'article : SLN208017
Date de la dernière modification : 06/18/2018 04:24 AM