How to reset the BIOS of a Dell PowerEdge Server?
This article is part of the Server Tutorials: Support Tools, available here.
This article explains how to restore the BIOS defaults settings on a Dell PowerEdge Server. This procedure may be valid for other Dell products.
If it doesn't work try the following sequence:
- Power on the system.
- While the blue Dell logo is visible, press the < F2 > key to enter the System Setup.
- Enter the "System BIOS" section
- Click on the button "Default" in the low end corner.
- A popup will ask the confirmation of action, press "Yes".
- The BIOS settings are now reset.
- Press the < Num Lock > key, and verify that the Num Lock light is on.
- Press the < Caps Lock > key, and verify that the Caps Lock light is on.
- Press the < Scroll Lock > key, and verify that the Scroll Lock light is on. The lights on the keyboard should all be illuminated as in Figure 1.
- Press the < Alt >+< F > keys at the same time. The system will beep as the setup defaults are restored.
Article ID: SLN302725
Last Date Modified: 07/23/2018 08:28 AM