Some computers are shipping with an older version of the Dell Help & Support application.
When the application is launched, a message stating the application "failed to connect to the service" is observed and the application stops. Simply reinstalling or updating the application does not resolve the issue.
To resolve this issue, the Dell Help & Support application must be completely removed and the latest version reinstalled by following these steps:
- Uninstall the Dell Help & Support application. For more information refer to Dell Knowledge Base article How Do I Remove or Uninstall a Program in Windows?.
- Press and hold the Windows () key, and then press the e key.
- In the address bar at the top, type, C:\ProgramData\Dell\Dell Help & Support, and then press the enter key.
- Delete all the files and sub-folders in the folder.
- Reboot the computer.
- Reinstall the latest version of the Dell Help & Support application (the Dell Help & Support application is located in the Application category). For more information refer to Dell Knowledge Base article How to Download and Install a Driver.
- After installing, wait 5 minutes before attempting to launch the application.
The application should now function correctly.