Follow the steps below to Replace the Toner Cartridge on the 3333dn / 3335dn Dell Laser Printers.
How to Replace the Toner Cartridge on the 3333dn / 3335dn Dell Laser Printers
When 88 Cartridge low appears, or when you experience faded print, remove the toner cartridge. Firmly shake it side‑to‑side and front‑to‑back several times to redistribute the toner, and then reinsert it and continue printing. When shaking the cartridge no longer improves the print quality, replace the toner cartridge.
Note: You can check to see approximately how much toner is left in your cartridge by printing a menu settings page.
Never throw used toner cartridge into fire. The residual toner could explode resulting in burns and injuries.
To replace the toner cartridge:
- Open the front door by pressing the button on the left side of the printer and lowering the door.
- Press the button on the base of the photoconductor kit. Pull the toner cartridge up and out using the handle.
- Unpack the new toner cartridge.
Potential Damage: When replacing a toner cartridge, do not leave the photoconductor kit exposed to direct light for an extended period of time. Extended light exposure can cause print quality problems.
- Rotate the cartridge in all directions to distribute the toner.
- Install the new toner cartridge by aligning the rollers on the toner cartridge with the arrows on the tracks of the photoconductor kit. Push the toner cartridge in as far as it will go. The cartridge clicks into place when correctly installed.
- Close the front door.
More information can be found in the User Guide
for your model printer, or visit our Printer Support site
for additional information, troubleshooting articles and videos.
Purchase Toner and other Dell Laser Printer Supplies
(select your country in the dropdown shown)
It is recommended that only Dell Branded toner, drums, transfer rollers or other consumables are used in our laser printers. Dell cannot guarantee compatibility or the print quality of any 3rd party consumables.