Certain issues get resolved with a part replacement.
This document provides information to return service parts to Dell in United States Region only.
Returning Service Parts to Dell
Before you begin returning service parts to Dell ensure the following:
Back up your data
Remove any confidential, proprietary, or personal information and removable media such as floppy disks, CDs, or PC Cards.
Unless notified otherwise, when receiving a replacement warranty part, you need to return the defective part within 10 days
Determine which parts need to be returned?
of receiving the replacement .
Each shipped replacement part includes a packing slip that provides information about how to return the defective part.
If Dell does not need the defective part, it would be mentioned in the packing slip.
Failure to return a defective part within 10 days may result in suspension of warranty service or charges for current replacement part.
How to return the parts to Dell?
1. Place part(s) in box received. Carefully pack each part to prevent damage during shipping. Seal the box.
2. Place the return label on the outside of the box over the original shipping label
A. If you received a FedEx Ground waybill
- Fill out the Sender information in the FROM: section
- Write the order reference number (sometimes called DPS number and found on your packing slip) in the RA field on the waybill
- Either call 1-800-463-3339 to arrange a pickup or simply drop the package off at an authorized FedEx shipping location near you. Check local FedEx location.
B. If you received a FedEx SmartPost label:
- Place the package in a residential mailbox, drop in a USPS mailbox, or take the package to the Post Office
- Schedule a pickup with USPS
- Drop the package off at a FedEx Service Station/authorized FedEx shipping site
4. Please make sure that you keep a record of your return waybill #
If you need to request an extension, a replacement return waybill, or would like to know how to pay for a part,
please contact us via one of the methods below:
Further information on Warranty Terms and Conditions or Warranty Parts Return.
- Phone 1-866-901-8629 (Monday to Friday, 8AM to 8PM CST)