- Hard Drive Not found error interrupts a PXE boot on an OptiPlex 3010, 7010 or 9010
- Solution: Download & update the latest BIOS
This Article has information about a Hard Drive Not found error interrupting a PXE boot on OptiPlex 3010, 7010 or 9010 system.
A Hard Drive not found alert may occur when trying to PXE boot (Preboot Execution Environment) on an OptiPlex 3010, 7010 or 9010. The issue occurs on system configurations with no Hard Drives installed but with an Optical Drive connected. During the PXE boot, an error message "Alert! Hard Drive not found" will display and the user has to press F1 to proceed with normal PXE boot operation.
This issue only occurs with BIOS version A04.
Please refer to the www.dell.com/support/drivers and download the latest BIOS version for your system.
- Download the BIOS update file to Desktop
NOTE: The file is a ".exe" file and uses the Universal (Windows/ DOS) format and is designed to be directly executed from within the Windows environment.
- Click Download now. The File Download window appears.
- Click the Save button. The Save As window appears.
- Select Desktop using the drop-down menu to the right of Save in.
- Click the Save button. A progress meter moves as the download is completed.
- Once completed, if necessary, close the Download Progress Window.
- To run the BIOS update utility from the Windows environment, double click the icon on your desktop that you downloaded. The Dell BIOS flash window appears.
- Click the Continue button. The message "Pressing OK will close all applications, shut down Windows, Flash the BIOS, then reboot." appears.
- Click the OK button. The system will restart and the BIOS update will be completed.
Back to the top