Follow the steps below to troubleshoot and resolve issues with dark horizontal lines or banding on a Dell 2150cn/cdn Laser Printer.
Table of Contents:
- Identifying and Defining Print Quality Issues on Dell Laser Printers
- Dark horizontal lines or banding Diagnostics
Before diagnosing any Print Quality Issue, please refer to this article: Identifying and Defining Print Quality Issues on Dell Laser Printers
Back to Top
Example of dark horizontal lines or banding
In order to diagnose this Issue, please follow the steps below:
Back to Top
- Turn off the Printer and Boot into Customer Mode to print a series of 20% Colour Test Prints, to identify whether issue is present on all colours or just one
NOTE: The 20% Tests will print out an individual sheet of each colour at 20% saturation allowing us to determine if that colour is outputting correctly.
- Using the 20% tests, determine if the PQI is displayed on one page or all pages
- If the PQI is displayed on only one colour:
- If the PQI is present on all test pages, continue below:
- Try another PHD Unit from a working Dell 2150cn/cdn Laser Printer (if available) and Print another series of 20% Test Prints
- Try another Fuser Unit from a working Dell 2150cn/cdn Laser Printer (if available) and Print another series of 20% Test Prints.
- If you do not have any replacement components to test with, please try a Stop Test on the Fuser Unit.
- If the PQI is seen only after passing through the Fuser Unit, please contact Dell Technical Support and advise of a fault with the Fuser Unit.
- If the PQI is displayed before passing through the Fuser Unit, please contact Dell Technical Support for further assistance.
More information can be found in the User Guide
for your model printer, or visit our Printer Support site
for additional information, troubleshooting articles and videos.
Purchase Toner and other Dell Laser Printer Supplies
(select your country in the dropdown shown)
It is recommended that only Dell Branded toner, drums, transfer rollers or other consumables are used in our laser printers. Dell cannot guarantee compatibility or the print quality of any 3rd party consumables.