Article Summary: This article informs how to access management to the PowerConnect 2800 series switch
To access the switch's management, perform the following steps:
- Put the switch into Managed mode.
Note: To turn the switch from Unmanaged to Managed mode, hold the button for 3 seconds, release it and the managed mode LED will turn on. To turn the switch from Managed to Unmanaged mode, hold the button until you see the Managed mode LED start to flash. Release the button, and eventually the Managed mode LED will stop flashing and turn off.
- Connect a personal computer to any of the Ethernet ports on the switch.
- Assign the personal computer an IP address 192.168.2.10 and subnet mask 255.255.255.0.
- Open up a web browser and type in 192.168.2.1 (this is the PowerConnect 2800 Series default IP address) in the address bar and press Enter.
- Log in with username admin and a blank password.
You are now in the management of the switch. Refer to the user guide for configuration assistance.
Note: By default, the switch will be in unmanaged mode. You can confirm this by looking at the managed mode LED on the front of the switch. If it is unlit while the switch is powered on, it is in unmanaged or secure mode. If the LED is a solid green, then the switch is in managed mode.