Table of Contents:
||This article provides information on "Enter Summary Here".|
- 260 Paper Jam Or Check Envelope Feeder Error on Dell 5210n and 5310n Laser Printers.
260 Paper Jam Or Check Envelope Feeder Error on Dell 5210n and 5310n Laser Printers.
1. Check for and remove foreign objects or jammed paper inside the printer.
2. Unplug the printer from its power source.
3. Remove all paper trays.
4. Open the front cover.
5. Remove the toner cartridge. For more information about removing the toner cartridge, refer to the Online User Guide.
6. Look underneath and inside the printer where the toner cartridge would be for any foreign objects.
7. Remove any obstructions found inside the printer.
8. Plug the printer back into its power source.
9. Make sure that used paper meets set specifications (refer to online User Guide
10. Open the envelope feeder and remove any paper jam.
11. Open the lower and upper doors.
12. Remove the envelope feeder.
13. Remove any jammed paper or obstructions.
14. Line up and push the envelope feeder into the appropriate connector on the printer and ensure it is snug.
15. Close the upper and lower doors.
16. Use a clean, dry, lint free cloth to clean the envelope feeder's pick roller.
17. Check the envelope feeder side restraint to ensure it is set to the corresponding width of the paper.
18. Verify the print media installed is compatible with the printer (refer to the Online User Guide
19. Set the printing application to print 5-10 envelopes.
12. Open the application being used to print the document.
13. Click File
and click Print.
14. Set the Form / Paper
size to Envelope
15. Set the Number of pages to 5-10.
16. Determine if the envelopes jammed during the printout.
17. If the Paper jammed please try another Envelope Feeder
from a working 5210n/5310n Laser Printer (if available).
18. If the printer is still jamming please call Dell Technical Support
for further advice.
Quick Tips content is self-published by the Dell Support Professionals who resolve issues daily. In order to achieve a speedy publication, Quick Tips may represent only partial solutions or work-arounds that are still in development or pending further proof of successfully resolving an issue. As such Quick Tips have not been reviewed, validated or approved by Dell and should be used with appropriate caution. Dell shall not be liable for any loss, including but not limited to loss of data, loss of profit or loss of revenue, which customers may incur by following any procedure or advice set out in the Quick Tips.