Table of Contents:
- Transfer Belt Unit Message
- Replacing the Transfer Belt Unit
1. Transfer Belt Unit Message
When the transfer belt unit is near or reaches the end of its life, the following messages are displayed on the touch screen. Follow the messages.
||Remaining Page Yield
|Consumables need to be ordered. Press Machine Status button and select the Supplies tab for details.
||Approx. 30,000 pages
||Order the Transfer Belt Kit.
|Consumables need to be replaced. Press Machine Status button and select the Supplies tab for details.
||Replace the Transfer Belt Kit with a new one.
Note: To prevent electric shock, always turn off the machine and disconnect the power cable from the grounded outlet before performing maintenance.
Back to Top
Ensure nothing touches or scratches the surface (black-colored film) of the transfer belt unit. Scratches, dirt, or oil from your hands on the film of the transfer belt unit may reduce print quality.
To protect the drum cartridges from overexposure to bright light, close the inner cover within five minutes. If the front cover remains open for more than five minutes, print quality may degrade.
2. Replacing the Transfer Belt Unit
- Make sure that the <Data> indicator light is off and there are no jobs currently in process.
- Press the power switch to the off position to switch the power off and wait for 30 minutes before removing the transfer belt unit (Figure 1 & 2).
- Raise the latch of the right hand cover and open the cover (Figure 3).
- Open the front cover (Figure 4).
- Rotate the lock levers of the inner cover to open it (Figure 5).
- Grasp the handle on the front of the transfer belt unit (Figure 6).
- Pull out the transfer belt unit until the line on the unit becomes completely visible (Figure 7).
- Grasp the handles on the top of the transfer belt unit. Pull out the unit to remove it from the machine (Figure 8).
Note: Do not hold the parts shown in the illustration (Figure 9).
- Slide the blue tab back-and-forth five times to clean the conductivity temperature depth sensor (Figure 10).
Note: Be careful not to touch the fusing unit. It can burn your fingers.
- Unpack a new transfer belt unit and place the unit on a level surface (Figure 11).
- Remove the protective parts shown in the illustration (Figure 12 & 13).
- Grasp the handles on top of the transfer belt unit (Figure 14).
Note: Do not hold the sides of the transfer belt unit. It may degrade print quality.
- Align the arrows on the transfer belt unit with the arrows on the machine (Figure 15).
- Slide the unit into the machine and stop when the visible line reaches the machine (Figure 16).
- Lower the handles (Figure 17).
- Push the front of the transfer belt unit to reinstall it in the machine until it stops (Figure 18).
- Close the inner cover (Figure 19).
- Rotate the lock levers to secure the inner cover while pressing the cover with the other hand (Figure 20).
- Close the front cover (Figure 210.
- Close the right hand cover (Figure 22).
Note: When closing the right hand cover, apply your hand in the vicinity of the handle as shown in the illustration, and then press the cover firmly toward the machine.
If the front cover is not closed completely, a message appears and the machine will remain paused.
If these steps do not correct the problem, please contact Dell Technical Support.
More information can be found in the User Guide
for your model printer, or visit our Printer Support site
for additional information, troubleshooting articles and videos.
Purchase Toner and other Dell Laser Printer Supplies
(select your country in the dropdown shown)
It is recommended that only Dell Branded toner, drums, transfer rollers or other consumables are used in our laser printers. Dell cannot guarantee compatibility or the print quality of any 3rd party consumables.
Back to Top