Dell Laser Printer Parallel Cable Communication Failure
Table of Contents:
- Dell Laser Printer Parallel Cable Communication Failure
This article provides information on "Dell Laser Printer Parallel Cable Communication Failure"
1. Dell Laser Printer Parallel Cable Communication Failure
- Verify that the problem is happening on the computer that is directly connected to the printer.
- Reseat both ends of the parallel cable to ensure that it is properly connected.
- Verify that the printer is connected directly to the computer, and remove any devices between the computer and the printer, such as switchboxes.
- Verify that the correct printer port is selected on the Ports tab in Printer Properties.
- Verify that the parallel cable is less than 10 ft (3 m) long, and is IEEE 1284 compliant.
- Try swapping with a known-good parallel cable. If a known-good cable works, please contact Dell Technical Support if it was purchased from Dell.
- Uninstall and reinstall the printer driver software.
- Ensure that the parallel port mode is set to ECP in System Setup (BIOS).
- Check the BIOS version of the computer, and update to the latest BIOS version.
- Attempt to print from DOS:
- Start the computer with a bootable DOS disk, such as a Dell Resource CD or DVD. The Windows command prompt will not work to perform this test.
- At the command prompt, type DIR > LPT1, and then press <Enter>.
- If the printer successfully prints, all hardware is functioning properly, and the operating system should be reinstalled.
- Try to swap with a known-good printer of the same model, if available.
- A known-good printer does not work: The computer requires further troubleshooting for a parallel port problem.
- A known-good printer works, or is not available: Please contact Dell Technical Support.
If these steps do not correct the problem, please contact Dell Technical Support.
Back to Top
Код статьи: SLN123258
Дата последнего изменения: 08/25/2015 09:53 AM