This article discusses how to troubleshoot a monitor that appears to have no power.
Monitor Has No Power and Power LED is Off
If the monitor appears to have no power and there is no indication that the power LED is on, try these steps to see if any one of them will correct the issue:
- Press the power button and wait for three to five seconds.
- Test the power outlet being used by plugging in another electrical device and verify that there is power.
- Make sure the power cord is fully inserted at both ends.
- Swap with a known-good power cord, if one is available.
- Verify the exact location of the power indicator on the monitor. These can be in different locations on different models.
Models ST2321L, ST2330L, ST2220M, ST2220L, ST2420L, and ST2421L have the power indicator below the Dell logo in the center of the bottom part of the bezel surrounding the monitor (Figure 1).
Figure 1: Locations of the power indicator and the power switch.
Numbers reference image above:
||Dell logo above the power light indicator
If there is an indication of power but there is no video displayed by the monitor, refer to Resolving Dell Desktop Monitor Issues
If the monitor still indicates there is no power after these steps, contact Dell technical support for a warranty replacement.
Click Here to Contact Technical Support
Please record the monitor's PPID number and have it ready for the agent. Technical support agents are required to record the PPID number of the monitor in their call logs.