How to Remove and Install the Toner Cartridge on the E514dw / E515dw / E515dn Dell Multifunction Printers
Replacing the Toner on the E310dw / E514dw / E515dw Printers (1:17) - English Only
Note: Should a "Replace Toner Message" appear, the only way to clear the message is to replace the toner with a NEW Dell Toner cartridge. Should you take a toner cartridge from another machine, it will not reset the "Replace Toner Message".
- Make sure the machine is turned off.
- Open the front cover (Figure 1).
- Remove the toner cartridge and drum unit assembly from the machine (Figure 2).
- Push down the lock lever and take the toner cartridge out of the drum unit (Figure 3).
- Unpack the new toner cartridge.
- Remove the protective cover (Figure 4).
- Put the new toner cartridge firmly into the drum unit until you hear it lock into place (Figure 5).
Note: Make sure you put the toner cartridge in correctly or it may separate from the drum unit.
- Clean the corona wire inside the drum unit by gently sliding the tab from left to right and right to left several times (Figure 6).
Note: Be sure to return the tab to the Home position (▲). The arrow on the tab must be aligned with the arrow on the drum unit. If it is not, printed pages may have a vertical stripe.
- Install the toner cartridge and drum unit assembly back into the machine (Figure 7).
- Close the front cover of the machine.
Note: After replacing a toner cartridge, DO NOT turn off the machine or open the Front cover until the machine's display returns to Ready Mode.
If these steps do not correct the problem, please contact Dell Technical Support.
More information can be found in the User Guide
for your model printer, or visit our Printer Support site
for additional information, troubleshooting articles and videos.
Purchase Toner and other Dell Laser Printer Supplies
(select your country/region in the dropdown shown)
It is recommended that only Dell Branded toner, drums, transfer rollers or other consumables are used in our laser printers. Dell cannot guarantee compatibility or the print quality of any 3rd party consumables.
Back to Top