Dell EMC OpenManage Ansible Modules allows Data Center and IT administrators to use RedHat Ansible to automate and orchestrate the provisioning, configuration, deployment, and update of PowerEdge Servers by leveraging the management automation capabilities built into the Integrated Dell Remote Access Controller (iDRAC), OpenManage Enterprise and OpenManage Enterprise Modular. Ansible by RedHat is one of the most popular DevOps tools that can configure systems, deploy software, and orchestrate more advanced IT tasks such as continuous deployments or zero downtime rolling updates.
OpenManage Ansible Modules simplifies and automates provisioning, deployment, and updates of PowerEdge servers and modular infrastructure. It allows system administrators and software developers to introduce the physical infrastructure provisioning into their software provisioning stack, integrate with existing DevOps pipelines and manage their infrastructure using version-controlled playbooks, server configuration profiles, and templates in line with the Infrastructure-as-Code (IaC) principles.
Ansible modules for OpenManage Enterprise and OpenManage Enterprise-Modular for automating the complete lifecycle management of the PowerEdge servers, MX7000 chassis and compute blades:
- Device Inventory and Health Status – View detailed device inventory, including health status, of all the devices managed and monitored by OpenManage Enterprise and OpenManage Enterprise-Modular
- Template based server deployment:
- Capture reference deployment templates from a golden server and deploy it on target servers to ensure consistent and repeatable configuration
- Edit configuration templates as per the desired server configuration end state
- Deploy OS images as part of the template deployment using a single task
- Firmware Updates – Use a single task in your playbook to update the firmware on your target servers and compute blades using a Dell EMC Update Package
- User Administration – automate the CRUD operations for OpenManage Enterprise and OpenManage Enterprise-Modular users
- Power Management – automate the power management operations such as power up/down, graceful restart etc. of servers and compute blades
- Job Management – View job details and monitor their progress status within your playbook for complex workflows
OpenManage Ansible modules for iDRAC - Overview
OpenManage Ansible modules for iDRAC - Out of band firmware update using a firmware repository hosted on a remote network share
Article ID: SLN310720
Last Date Modified: 10/15/2019 03:54 AM
Thank you for your feedback.