Dell Command | Update is a standalone application, for client systems, that provides updates for system software released by Dell. This application simplifies the BIOS, firmware, driver and application update experience for Dell client hardware. This application can also be used to install drivers after the operating system and network drivers are installed based on the system identity.
You can use Dell Repository Manager (v.2.2.4) to create a local repository of updates that Dell Command | Update will use.
Please ensure that you have the previous version of the repository manager (v.2.2) installed prior to installing the v.2.2.4 patch update above.
Recommendations: Dell highly recommends applying the latest Dell Command | Update during your next scheduled update cycle. Updates contain feature enhancements or changes that improve the reliability and availability of your system.
Dell Command | Update 3.1
Dell Command | Update 3.1 (released November 2019)
There are two downloads available for Dell Command | Update:
New features in version 3.1
- Automatic suspension of BitLocker when BIOS updates are applied
- Command-line interface support
- Enhanced return codes for command-line interface
- Options to schedule updates on a weekly or monthly basis
- Bug fixes and enhancement
Dell Command | Update 3.0 for Windows 10 only
Download Dell Command | Update 3.0 (released June 20, 2018)
New features in version 3.0
- Leverages the UWP application format for Windows 10
- uses a service so Admin rights are not required
- Requires Win10 1607
- Adds BIOS password support
- Removes Scheduling capability - locked at every 3 days (will be restored in a future release)
- Removes command line support (will be restored in a future release)
- Restart is required to install
Dell Command | Update 2.4
Download Dell Command | Update 2.4 (released June 20, 2018)
New features in version 2.4
- Add awareness of Dell Command | Update 3.0 architecture
Dell Command | Update 2.3.1
New features in version 2.3.1
- Added a warning message to prompt the user not to disconnect any peripheral devices like power adapters and USB Type-C devices, while installing BIOS and Firmware updates.
Dell Command | Update 2.3
New features in version 2.3 include:
- Support for updating Independent Software Vendor (ISV) certified drivers.
- Support for selecting and installing all updates associated with Dell Docking Solution.
- Support for a new CLI return code: 5 to indicate that a reboot and scan is required.
Dell Command | Update 2.2
New features in version 2.2 include:
- Support for Dell Docking Solution
Dell Command | Update 2.1.1
New features in version 2.1.1 include:
- Advanced Driver Restore features updated to support the high-performance commercial systems.
- Self-Update feature of Dell Command | Update changed to accommodate version 2.1.
Dell Command | Update 2.1
New features in version 2.1 include:
- Support for Windows 10 operating system
- Ability to detect Windows BitLocker and notify the end-user.
- Ability to provide feedback from the application GUI.
- Support for additional languages: Chinese (Taiwan), Chinese (Traditional, Hong Kong SAR), Dutch (Netherlands), Italian
Out of warranty? No problem click here
, enter your Service Tag and view our offers.
Currently, offers are only available for US and Canada PC Customers. Server and Storage not applicable.