This Article explains the steps needed to Install Dell Networking FTOS on Dell Open Networking (ON) Switches.
Steps for installing FTOS on Dell Open Networking (ON) switches.
1. Log into the ONIE loader on the switch by pressing ESC during the boot process.
2. Choose the ONIE loader from the boot menu.
Note: This example below already has an FTOS install.
3. You will likely see continual messages seen below. To stop these run the command onie-discovery-stop.
4. Run the command fdisk -l to view the current storage locations. This will help determine where the USB is. In this case we are "/dev/sdb1" For the following steps, be sure to reference the proper location.
5. Format the USB by running the command mkfs.vfat /dev/sdb1
6. Now you can remove the USB and move it to a workstation to copy the OS files to. Remember that for this installation, the filename should start with "ONIE".
7. Create a directory for the USB to mount to. mkdir /mnt/usb
8. Mount the USB to the newly created directory: mount -t vfat /dev/sdb1 /mnt/usb
9. Navigate to the directory that we just mounted the USB drive. cd /mnt/usb
10. From here you can run ls and you should see the OS file listed.
11. Now we can install the OS. "onie-nos-install ONIE-FTOS-SI- ON-22.214.171.124.bin" (be sure to use the correct filename) (filenames are case sensitive).