The following article provides information about deploying SupportAssist Enterprise Version 4.0 on Windows Hyper-V.
SupportAssist Enterprise is our automated proactive and predictive support technology. SupportAssist Enterprise 4.0 is a virtual edition with secure two-way connection between your environment and Dell EMC ideal for monitoring up to 4,250 devices including data storage, servers, networking, CI/HCI, and data protection in one place. For higher availability and quicker uptime, SupportAssist continuously monitors your connected environment, automatically detects current and potential issues and initiates remote resolution to solve issues and save you time.
Downloading SupportAssist Enterprise Version 4.0 requires authentication. Click here to access the download portal click here to access the download portal.
- Start the Hyper-V Manager.
- Click Actions > New > Virtual Machine.
- The New Virtual Machine Wizard window is displayed
- On the Before You Begin page, click Next.
- On the Specify Name and Location page, perform the following and click Next.
- Enter a name for the virtual machine.
- By default, the virtual machine is stored at C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Hyper-V. To store the virtual machine in a different location, select Store the virtual machine in a different location, click Browse, and then select a folder.
- On the Specify Generation page, select Generation 1 and click Next.
- On the Assign Memory page, enter the startup memory and click Next.
- On the Configure Networking page, from the Connection list, select the network adapter and click Next.
- On the Connect Virtual Hard Disk page, select Use an existing virtual hard disk, click Browse to select the VHD file, and then click Next.
- Verify the details that are displayed on the Summary page and click Finish.
- The virtual machine is created and is displayed in the Virtual Machines list.
- Right-click the virtual machine and click Start to power on the virtual machine.
- Right-click the virtual machine and click Connect.
- The first boot process is initiated, and the YaST2 window is displayed.
- In the YaST2 window, perform the following:
- On the License Agreement page, accept the terms and conditions and press F10 (Using tab and space bar)
- Select the region and time zone and press F10.
- Enter a root password and press F10.
NOTE It is recommended to have a complex root password. The password may have a minimum eight characters with at least one uppercase and one lowercase letter, one number, one special character.
NOTE Use this root password to log in to SupportAssist Enterprise for the first time after the deployment.
- Enter an administrator user name and press F10
NOTE Use this username to log in to SupportAssist Enterprise after you log in with the root credentials.
13. To configure the network settings, perform the following:
- Log in to the virtual machine using the root credentials and run yast.
- On the YaST Control Center page, go to System > Network Settings and press F10.
- Press F4 to edit the network configuration settings.
- Enter a static IP address, subnet mask, and hostname, and then press F10.
- Enter the hostname, domain name, servers and domain search information, and press F10.
- Enter the default IPv4 and IPv6 gateway information and press F10.
- Press F9 to close the YaST2 window.
NOTE: Wait for 10-15 minutes before you log in to the SupportAssist Enterprise user interface.
Go to https://<SAE IP>:5700/SupportAssist,
where <SAE IP> is the IP address of the virtual machine on which you have deployed SupportAssist Enterprise.
Enter root in the Username box.
Enter the password.
SupportAssist Enterprise Version 4.0 Presite Checklist
SupportAssist Enterprise Version 4.0 Release Notes
SupportAssist Enterprise Version 4.0 Reportable Items
SupportAssist Enterprise Version 4.0 Support Matrix
SupportAssist Enterprise Version 4.0 User's Guide
SupportAssist Enterprise Version 4.0 Troubleshooting Guide
SupportAssist Enterprise Version 4.0 Technical Description Guide
SupportAssist Enterprise Version 4.0 REST API Guide
SupportAssist Enterprise Version 4.0 Alert Policy Guide