The PHD Unit is a consumable Item and will need to be replaced after about 24,000 pages (based on standard text coverage of 5%).
When the PHD is approaching or has reached the end of its usable life and error will be displayed, either on the Printers LCD panel or the Status Monitor Console, depending on your set-up and model.
Back to Top
- Turn the printer off.
- Wait 10 seconds.
- Remove the paper tray and open the front cover.
- Open the Transfer Belt Assembly (Only on 2130cn, 2150cn and 2155cn Models).
- Put a piece of paper on the transfer belt to protect it from scratches and from light damage. Do not cover the left and right of the belt guards with the paper.
- Rotate the four stoppers of the PHD counter-clockwise 90 degrees to release the locks.
- Remove the PHD unit toward you by pulling it by the left and right handles.
- Lift up the PHD unit from the printer. Be careful to avoid scratching the transfer belt.
- Ensure that all packaging is removed from the PHD (such as any yellow tape).
- Reverse the process to re-install the PHD Unit.
More information can be found in the User Guide
for your model printer, or visit our Printer Support site
for additional information, troubleshooting articles and videos.
Purchase Toner and other Dell Laser Printer Supplies
(select your country/region in the dropdown shown)
It is recommended that only Dell Branded toner, drums, transfer rollers or other consumables are used in our laser printers. Dell cannot guarantee compatibility or the print quality of any 3rd party consumables.