When PXE booting, several options may be required to be enabled in the BIOS (Figure 1).
- Set the Fastboot option to Thorough to enable UEFI PXE boot.
- For Windows 7: Both Enable Legacy Option ROMs and UEFI Network Stack must be checked:
- For Windows 10: Legacy Option ROMs should be off. Secure Boot may be enabled if desired.
- If using the USB-C adaptor, enable Thunderbolt Boot support in BIOS: (check all boxes) (Figure 2).
- The server must support UEFI PXE Boot (Windows Server 2012 is required in most cases).
- Exit the BIOS, Select UEFI PXE Boot IPv4.
WDS configuration for UEFI must contain x86 and x64 boot images (Figure 3).
Note: You will need the Realtek USB FE Family Controller driver (version 10.9.504.2016 has been verified to work, newer versions can be used, but have not been verified) in your Windows 10 PE image for MAC pass-thru to work properly.