Article Summary: Use these instructions to install and configure the Broadcom Advanced Control Suite 3 (BACS 3) on the server core installation option of Windows Server 2008 R2 x64.
The Broadcom Advanced Control Suite 3 is an integrated utility that allows you to manage all Broadcom network adapters and features installed on your Dell PowerEdge server or system.
Before you begin
To complete this task, you must install Microsoft .Net Framework 2.0 service pack 1 or higher if it was not installed with the operating system.
Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 includes the runtime and associated files needed to run BACS 3 and must be installed on your system for BACS 3 to function correctly.
To set up Broadcom Advanced Control Suite 3
Use Windows Server 2008 Core Oclist.exe tool to query installed server roles
- Click Start, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as administrator.
- At the command prompt, type oclist, and then press Enter.
- Check the list to make sure that the following roles are installed:
- SNMP-SC (required for NSMP requests only
Use Windows Server 2008 Core Ocsetup.exe tool to install missing roles
If any of the roles above are not installed, complete the step below.
- At the command prompt, type the command below exactly as it appears (commands are case sensitive) that corresponds to the missing role above and then press Enter.
- Start /w ocsetup NetFx2-ServerCore
- Start /w ocsetup NetFx2-ServerCore-WOW64
- Start /w ocsetup SNMP-SC
Note: Using the /w (or /WAIT) switch with the Start command tells Command Prompt to wait for the command that is executed to terminate before closing the window. That way you’ll know when the installation is complete.
- After you run the above installation command, you can type the oclist command again to make sure the roles are installed.
Download Broadcom Advanced Control Suite 3
- On the Drivers Details page, download and extract the Broadcom driver files to drive C. The default location is C:\Broadcom.
Install Broadcom Advanced Control Suite 3
- Browse to C:\Broadcom\Driver_Management_Apps_Installer.
- Run setup.exe to begin the installation process.
- Follow the installation wizard prompts to complete the installation.
Open the BACS.exe utility to configure NIC teaming and other options
- Run Broadcom Advanced Control Suite from the default installation folder by typing C:\Program Files\Broadcom\bacs.exe in the Windows Explorer address bar.