Date Ranges for the Operating System Recovery CD Software
Note: The following information is only applicable to systems shipped between the dates of December 17, 2004 and July 15, 2005.
If you need to restore your operating system to its original factory condition, try the Dell PC Restore feature.
Dell OS Recovery Utility Dates of Availability
Note: The Dell OS Recovery Utility is available on Dimension computers that were shipped between December 15, 2004 and July 15, 2005 and on Inspiron computers between January 10, 2005 and July 15, 2005.
Run the Dell OS Recovery Utility
The Dell OS Recovery Utility allows the creation of ONE operating system CD. This means that you can make one Windows® CD for backup purposes.
Note: If you have not created your backup CD you should take the time to create the CD and store it in a safe place now.
You will need a blank CD-R disc and a CD-R/W or DVD-R/W drive installed on your Dell computer to complete the steps below.
The program can take up to 30 minutes to create your backup disc.
- Click the Start button on your Windows desktop.
- Click All Programs, Dell Accessories, and then Dell OS Recovery CD.
If you have a portable computer, plug in the AC adapter.
- Click the OK button.
The Dell Software License Agreement window appears.
- Read the license agreement and then click to select Yes, I accept if you agree to the terms.
- Click the Next button.
A Welcome message appears prompting you to place a blank CD-R disc into your writeable drive.
- Place a blank CD-R disc into your writeable drive if you have not already done so and click the Next button.
The program will create your backup OS Recovery CD.
- When the backup disc is complete a Congratulations! message appears.
- Remove the CD-R disc from the writeable drive and label it Windows Operating System Backup CD.
- Click the Finish button.
Congratulations! You have successfully created your Windows operating system backup CD. Store the CD in a safe and easy to find location.
Visit the Dell Community Forum for More Information
Visit the Dell Community Forums to find out what others in the Dell user community are saying. The Dell Community Forums provide a place for Dell users to discuss support topics, to learn, and to help each other. Use the message boards to post questions and answers.
Back to Top