This is an error related to the Printhead or the motor that drives the Printhead in the printer.
To attempt to resolve the issue please try the following:
- Cancel any jobs in the print queue.
- Disconnect all communication cables (USB or Ethernet/Network depending on your setup).
- Restart the printer and check if the error recurs.
- If no error try printing a settings page.
To print settings page:
- Press the Menu button.
- Press Down Arrow until Reports is highlighted and Select.
- Press Down Arrow until Menu Settings Page is highlighted and Select.
- The Menu Settings Page Report will now Print.
If a System Settings report prints, then reconnect the communications cable and try to print.
If these steps do not correct the problem, please contact Dell Technical Support.
Back to Top
More information can be found in the User Guide
for your model printer, or visit our Printer Support site
for additional information, troubleshooting articles and videos.
Purchase Toner and other Dell Laser Printer Supplies
(select your country in the dropdown shown)
It is recommended that only Dell Branded toner, drums, transfer rollers or other consumables are used in our laser printers. Dell cannot guarantee compatibility or the print quality of any 3rd party consumables.