Dell EMC OpenManage™ HPE OMi Operations Connector provides capabilities to integrate the Dell EMC OpenManage™ Essential (OME) with HPE Operations Manager i (OMi). The Operations Connector for OME collects systems management data about the topology and events from OME and transfers them to HPE OMi, thus helping data center administrator to get a comprehensive view of the Dell EMC infrastructure directly from HPE OMi console. Ops Connector for OME therefore protects a customer's investment in HPE OMi console by establishing a link between the lifecycle management of Dell EMC devices in OME and business service management in HPE OMi.
Figure 1: HPE Operations Manager
Key Product Features:
- Single-pane-of-glass Monitoring: Single, consistent and holistic view of all Dell EMC devices managed by OpenManage Essentials (OME) directly from HPE OMi Console
- Automated Topology Collection and Forwarding: Policy-based automatic collection, processing and forwarding of complete topology structure of Dell EMC devices including the device group relationship from OME into HPE OMi
- Automated Event Collection and Forwarding: Policy-based automatic collection, processing and forwarding of Event and Alerts data for Dell EMC devices from OME into HPE OMi
- Link and Launch OME: Launch OME web console directly from device or event perspective in HPE OMi for further troubleshooting, configuration, updates or other lifecycle management activities
- Keep Track on Number of Dell EMC Devices: Policy-based automatic collection of number of nodes that is collected and forwarded from OME into HPE OMi during each topology collection interval
What’s new in this release:
- Support for HPE Operations Manager i (OMi) v10.12 and above
- Support for HPE Operations Connector (OpsCx) v10.11 and above
- Support for Dell EMC OpenManage Essentials (OME) v2.2 and above
Key Business Benefits:
- Protects existing investment in HPE Operations Manager i (OMi) product to easily integrate and monitor Dell EMC hardware within customer’s infrastructure
- Improves operational efficiency and flexibility in managing large heterogeneous data center environment
- Increases productivity by reducing the time to maintain, monitor and troubleshoot any issue in hardware infrastructure
- Helps make informed and rapid decisions impacting the availability of data center resources
Product Licensing & SKUs:
Dell EMC OpenManage HPE Operations Manager i (OMi) Operations Connector is available as a Software download and is a Licensed Product.
IMPORTANT NOTE: APOS Licensing SKUs are at present not available for ordering online. SKU information will be updated as soon as APOS SKUs are available and online.
- Licensing structure is Honor-Based and license file can be loaded into a single HPE OMi Operations Connector.
- You can purchase a license for Variable Quantity based on the number of nodes they want to collect from OME and monitor in HPE OMi. For e.g. if you want to collect and monitor 125 nodes from OME using the Operations Connector, then you can purchase a single license for 125 nodes at point-of-sale (POS).
- Licensing is Additive and you can purchase additional capacity at after-point-of-sale (APOS)when you need it due to increase in the number of nodes you want to monitor. For e.g. you buy a license for 100 nodes at POS and later want to increase the monitoring count by additional 25 nodes. You can then purchase a license for 25 nodes at APOS to increase your total monitoring capacity to 125 nodes.
- Licenses are Perpetual – so there is no need to renew the licenses ever again.
|OpenManage Connections for Third-Party Consoles
|Dell OpenManage Connections for Third-Party Consoles, 1 NODE
For additional information, please contact a Dell EMC Sales Representative.
Supported Dell Devices:
The Dell EMC OpenManage HPE OMi Operations Connector supports all the Dell EMC devices that are supported by OpenManage Essentials (OME). For detailed information about the supported Dell EMC devices, see the OpenManage Essentials Support Matrix at Dell.com/OpenManageManuals.
- View the Dell EMC Devices that imported from OME into HPE OMi Console:
- Launching OME from HPE OMi for further troubleshooting, upgrade or system management activities: