This article explains how to create a virtual disk
using the web management interface (iDRAC 9) with PERC 9
and PERC 10
. Alternatively, the Virtual Disk can also be created from the System Settings
Table of contents
- Connection to the iDRAC web interface
- Virtual Disk creation
1. Connection to the iDRAC web interface
To start, please connect to the iDRAC web interface using the defined IP Address with the admin credentials.
: If the iDRAC is not yet configured, this article
(sln306877) explains how to proceed.
2. Virtual Disk creation
1) In the iDRAC Web Interface, go to Configuration
> Storage Configuration.
2) Select the controller for which you want to create the virtual disk f
rom the Controller
3) Check that available disks are listed in the Physical Disk Configuration section
4) Open the Virtual Disk Configuration menu and click on the button Create Virtual Disk
5) The creator wizard will appear to configure the Virtual Disk properties.
In the Capacity
field, enter the size of the virtual disk. The maximum size is displayed and then updated as disks are selected.
Click on Add to Pending Operations
Note: You can use alphanumeric characters, spaces, dashes, and underscores in the disk name. Any other special characters that you enter are removed while creating the virtual disk.
6) The message "RAC0685: A pending operation has been created for this Create Virtual Disk operation" will appear to confirm the task creation. (SEO)
7) To execute this creation task, navigate to the bottom of the page and select Apply Now
. If needed, the task can be scheduled.
8) The raid configuration task will start. It is possible to monitor the status in the menu Maintenance
> Job Queue.
9) When the task is completed, the Virtual Disk will be listed in the menu Storage
> Virtual Disks
The virtual disk is now ready for use.
Back to Top