It is possible to connect your tablet to your email accounts, Bluetooth devices, or a printer.
Note: Screenshots appear here in English. On your tablet, they will appear in the language you select.
If you are logged into your Google account, you will have easy access to Gmail through an icon on your Apps screen.
Microsoft offers instructions for connecting your Android device to a Microsoft Exchange server. (English Only)
For more information on setting up a non-Goggle email account on your Venue tablet, refer to Dell Knowledge base article Navigating Android with your new Dell Venue (English only).
- From the home page, touch the Apps icon in the center of the bottom row to access all your apps (Figure 1).
Figure 1: Apps Icon
- Touch the Settings icon (Figure 2 or 3, you may have to swipe to the second page of Apps).
Figure 2 and 3: Setting Icons
- At the top left there are sliders for various functions. The second one from the top is the Bluetooth slider. If you wish to connect to another device via Bluetooth, make sure the slider is in the ON position (Figure 4).
Figure 4: Bluetooth Toggle
- Touch the Bluetooth line and the tablet will list any Bluetooth-enabled devices within range.
- Touch the device to which you wish to connect and follow the instructions.
Note: The other Bluetooth device needs to be made discoverable before it will be visible. Make sure you know how to enable and connect the to second device.
If you have a Bluetooth-enabled printer, connect to it using the Bluetooth setup features and send the file you wish to print to the printer.
There are apps in the Google Play Store such as the Dell Mobile Print app which may allow you to connect to certain printers. Make sure you know what the limits and permissions are on these apps before installing them.