This blog is written by Kiran Poluri and Vijay Kumar from Dell Hypervisor Engineering team.
ESXi 6.0 is next major version from VMware targeted as The Best Virtualization Platform, for any application at scale & operational Efficiency.
Dell as OEM partner supports ESXi 6.0 on PowerEdge Servers 10G-13G with latest Intel C610 chipset, Haswell Processors, PERC9 controllers & FX2 chassis
Supports following 4 socket, 2 Socket & 1 socket PowerEdge Servers
R730, R730Xd, R630, R530, R430, R920, R820, R720, R720xd, R620, R520, R420, R320, R220, R815, R715, R515, R415, M830, FC830, M630, FC630, FC430, M820, M620, M520, M420, M915, T630, T430, T620, T420, T320
R810, R710, R610, M910, M710, M710HD, M610, M610x, T710, T610
Dell customized ESXi 6.0 Image starts shipping with factory install & Drop in box options from 4/7/15.
Dell system Management Software Open Manager 8.1 supports ESXi 6.0
What’s new in this release?
- Native support for Express Flash NVMe PCIe SSD devices
- VMware virtual volumes is introduced from ESXi 6.0 which is being utilized by Dell Equallogic plugins
- vSAN is enhanced with Disk serviceability and RACK awareness for failover
- Comparing with previous versions of ESXi, the number of MSI-X vectors availability is increased to 4096 in ESXi 6.0 which is advanrage for high end servers populated with more peripherals.
- Introduction of USB 3.0
- Increased MMIO addressing is no longer under 44 bits
For Dell VMware product documentation, please refer https://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/product-support/product/vmware-esxi-6.x/manuals