Dell PowerEdge Servers Certified for VMware ESXi 6.0
ESXi 6.0 is a major release from VMware which has been certified on supported Dell PowerEdge servers. Following are the highlights on Dell servers with respect to VMware ESXi 6.0.
- Dell has certified 45 servers which includes 450 configurations (Server & Feature certifications) for ESXi6.0 on VMware GA. Please refer VMware HCL for the complete list of certified Dell servers.
- 8GB is the minimum requirement to install ESXi 6.0 on SD card. Refer the link for the list of certified SD cards on Dell servers.
- Multi-vCPU (SMP) fault tolerance is one of the new features in ESXi 6.0 which supports upto 4 vCPU for FT protected VM.
- ESXi6.0 supports maximum physical memory as up to 6TB and dell certified this feature on PowerEdge R920 server.
- VM Direct Path IO (FPT) feature is supported only on 11G servers as existing supported pass-through devices from VMware are not supported on 12G & 13G servers.
- GPU Passthrough (vDGA) is a graphic acceleration function offered by VMware currently enabled with NVIDIA GPUs at this time. Following are the Dell servers certified this feature on VMware GA.
- R730,T630,R7910,R720 & T620
- ESXi 6.0 is certified for the following Cloud Edge platforms
- Trusted boot functionality (Intel TXT) will be supported on both BIOS & UEFI boot mode in DELL supported server from ESXi 6.0 onwards.
- Dell PowerEdge VRTX is currently not enabled for ESXi6.0 as Shared PERC driver is not yet available for ESXi6.0. Tentative schedule for VRTX support on ESXi6.0 would be June 2015.
Article ID: SLN310199
Last Date Modified: 08/13/2018 09:29 AM