Storage Platform(s) – Dell Compellent Series 40 storage systems with Storage Center 5.4 and greater
How do I zone my Compellent array for Oracle RAC?
Zoning is performed on the Fibre Channel switches that connect the Compellent storage systems to host servers.
The following example illustrates how to create zoning on Brocade 5300 Fibre Channel switch.
- Log into the GUI management window.
- Click the "Zone Admin" link in the upper left of the GUI window
Fibre Channel Compellent array
- This opens the zone administration window such as the one shown below.
Zone administration window
- The following zones needs to be created:
- One zone with all WWN’s of front end physical ports that are connected to the switch. (See step 5 on how to determine the WWN’s of front end physical ports).
- One zone with server WWN’s plus all front end virtual ports WWN’s. Create additional zones for each additional server. (See step 6 on how to determine the WWN’s of front end virtual ports. See step 7 on how to determine of the server WWN).
- The WWN’s of front end physical ports can be determined in Compellent Storage Center. The following diagram shows 2 WWN’s of the physical ports that are connected to one switch configured as domain 1.
Virtual ports WWN’s
- The WWN’s of front end virtual ports can be determined in Compellent Storage Center. The following diagram shows 2 WWN’s of the virtual ports that are connected to the one switch configured as domain 1.
Compellent Storage Center
- As an example, the WWN’s of QLogic HBA’s can be determined by the following command.
- # cat /sys/class/scsi_host/host5/device/fc_host\:host5/port_name
- The following diagrams illustrate the zones created per step 4. In this example, there’s a two-node cluster connected to dual Compellent storage controllers for high availability.
Compellent storage controllers
Compellent storage controllers for high availability