Double-Take Share provides easy data sharing between databases in real time. Business critical information can be shared between databases, applications, and platforms as rapidly as it becomes available.
The following is a demonstration of Double-Take Share in action with a SQL Server.
: Double-Take Share in action with a SQL Server
- Breaks through the barriers imposed by multiple databases, incompatible applications and disparate platforms
- Makes data sharing easy by capturing, transforming and replicating data to one or more targets
- Database migration: provides movement and transformation across database platforms
- Bi-directional database replication... real time. (Cross platform or same platform)
- Allows organizations to achieve greater productivity, higher profitability and immediate ROI
- No programming required
- Real time data replication
- Reliable change data capture ensures data integrity
- Built-in conflict resolution and collision monitoring
- Accurate tracking and data auditing
- Ensures delivery of replicated data even if the target system is unavailable
- LAN/WAN friendly
- Real time, integrated data from divergent sources allows for better informed decision making
Easy Data Integration
- Broad spectrum of supported platforms
- Flexible data sharing architecture (1-way, 2-way, bi-directional, distributed, consolidated, and cascade)
- Reconciles source and target data type differences
- Maps data between different tables, rows, and columns
- Filters data at table or row level
- Provides an integrated view of data from similar or dissimilar databases, operating systems, and hardware platforms
- Improves productivity and profitability by eliminating data barriers between applications
- The ability to share data between databases, regardless of operating system or hardware platform, provides an organization with the flexibility to choose applications that best meet their business objectives
No Manual Processes
- Java-based GUI management console
- Simple, table-based configuration
- Over 60 pre-built, click-and-go data transformations
- Enables automatic version tracking and simple testing of changes through the use of modeling tools
- No programming required
- Eliminates manual data extractions done with ETL, log shipping, FTP or other in-house tools
- Enterprise-wide, cross-platform data sharing can be defined, monitored and managed from a single point of control
- Frees DBA time allowing organizations to achieve improved productivity, higher profitability, and immediate ROI
In order to stay competitive, businesses need automated, standardized tools to accelerate information sharing and keep operations in sync between multiple running applications. Double-Take Share captures, transforms and replicates data between databases, allowing users to see each other’s data in real time.
Replicating data between applications running at geographically dispersed sites also allows data to be placed close to its users. This avoids the performance impact of accessing data from production servers across the network, and reduces transmission costs and times for frequently accessed data.
On-demand centralized reporting and Business Intelligence
Organizations need immediate access to up-to-date, mission critical information as soon as it is available in order to make accurate business decisions. Double-Take Share enables your business to run reports on-demand using real time data.
Share can capture and transform data from divergent sources and replicate it to a reporting or BI server, allowing you to perform queries, reporting, and BI from a centralized repository. The source of the data could be a single database of a similar type (to avoid the impact of reporting on a production server), a single database of another type (to transform data for your reporting application), or multiple databases of the same or different types (to consolidate or centralize information).
Feeding real time data to mission critical applications
Double-Take Share can also be used to feed data to mission critical applications – such as eCommerce, web portals, or other distributed applications. For example, data could be fed from a centralized ERP database to a distributed eBusiness system, of similar or dissimilar database, OS or hardware type.
Offload production data
Production servers need protection to ensure that they are always available and responsive to end user applications. One way to protect production servers is to offload production data to a secondary server (of similar or dissimilar OS or hardware type) so that work can be performed on the secondary copy. One common scenario for offloading data is to send it to a data warehouse or data mart. Replicated data can also populate backup, test, and audit environments. There are many uses for offloaded production data.
Modernizing legacy databases
Double-Take Share’s cross-platform data sharing allows organizations with legacy applications and data to replicate and transform their data to more modern platforms. Data can be replicated to a new platform for the purpose of reporting with the latest tools, shared transparently with new applications, or permanently migrated to new databases and platforms.
Custom database migrations
Double-Take Share provides movement and transformation across database platforms that makes your migrations simple, and minimizes downtime and its impact on productivity by replicating and transforming data while users remain online and active. Double-Take Share’s hardware independence supports migrations from legacy systems to physical or virtual servers.
How it Works
Double-Take Share recognizes data changes as they happen at a source database, and replicates those changes to a target database (or multiple target databases) in real time. Double-Take Share transforms the data as needed between the source and target databases. For example, when moving data between mainframe and open systems databases, the required EBCDIC to ASCII conversation is performed while the data is in flight. If you need the data in different formats in the source and target databases, such as converting dates between mm-dd-yy and yyyy/mm/dd format, you can use one of the more than 60 pre-built, click-and-go data transformations that come with Double-Take Share, or you can define your own data transformations to meet your organization’s unique needs. The target database can have a different data schema, use different data types, employ a different database management system and run on different hardware than the source database.
Double-Take Share support
Double-Take Share supports a variety of data sharing topologies including one-to-one, one-to-many, many-to-one and cascading replication. All of these topologies support both unidirectional and bidirectional data sharing. Double-Take Share detects and resolves any conflicts that arise when two people change the same data simultaneously.
Double-Take Share is easy to configure and uses a centralized, intuitive GUI management console for monitoring and controlling day-to-day data sharing processes. A user interface allows you to just point and click to map data sources to data targets. Double-Take Share does the rest.