Today Dell announces the availability of Mellanox's FDR 56Gb/s InfiniBand solutions. The Mellanox SX6000 family of top-of-rack InfiniBand switches delivers high performance, low latency, port density and complete fabric management solutions. The SX6000 series is designed to enable compute clusters and converged data centers to operate at any scale while reducing operational costs and infrastructure complexity. Mellanox SX6000 14 data rate (FDR) switches carry converged traffic with assured bandwidth and granular quality of service (QoS). They enable you to build scalable, cost-effective switch fabrics, ranging from small clusters to hundreds of nodes.
Key benefits include:
Additional performance and functionality:
- Software defined network (SDN) support
- Industry-leading switch platform for performance, power and density
- Energy- and cost-saving design
- Quick and easy setup and management
- Fabric congestion removal for maximized performance
- Fabric management for cluster and converged I/O applications
- High bandwidth with ultra-low latency for extreme server efficiency and application productivity, especially high-performance computing (HPC) applications
- 12 and 36-port configurations running at 56Gb/s per port, with the ability to build clusters that scale to hundreds of nodes
- Optimal cluster and data center performance with high availability and reliability via Mellanox Unified Fabric Manager (UFM)
- Error-free fabrics
- Granular QoS for cluster, LAN and SAN traffic
- Fits into industry-standard racks to scale-out leading computing solutions.
- Ensure maximum effective fabric bandwidth by eliminating congestion hot spots through static and adaptive routing and advanced congestion management.
- Enable multiple subnets with 12 or 36 ports.
- Provide high-performance connectivity with support for 56Gb/s port speeds.
For more information, please see the Networking Guides
. To purchase a Mellanox switch, please visit us at http://www.dell.com/us/business/p/mellanox-infiniband/pd