As space becomes more critical, the demand for rack optimized servers increases and customers require rack optimized backup solutions outside their servers. The PowerVault 114T/114X tape rack enclosure is designed to meet the needs of organizations requiring value-priced, reliable, high capacity storage for rack-optimized server environments.
The PV114T/114X rackable subsystem is a convenient 2U tape rack enclosure. It incorporates many tape technologies commonly used today and is designed to complement Dell PowerEdge rack servers and Dell PowerVault network attached storage (NAS). The Dell PowerVault 114T/114X tape rack enclosure offers superior capacity in a 2U form factor. The PowerVault 114T can be configured with one or two LTO-3 (Full-Performance), LTO-3-080, LTO-2-L tape. The PowerVault 114X can be configured with one or two LTO3-080, LTO-4-120 or LTO-5-140 tape drives or one or two RD1000 removable disk drives.
PV114T/114X rackable subsystem is a convenient 2U tape rack enclosure
- Is ideal for customers who require multidrive, rack-optimized data protection that can be externally connected to a server
- Is configurable with up to two tape drives in a space-saving, 2U form factor that still enables you to connect drives externally to a server
- Provides a choice of drive technology from the most inexpensive drives with essential capacity, to the highest performance drives Dell offers in automation platforms
- Contains two SCSI or serial attached SCSI (SAS) (LTO-3-060 or LTO-4-120) ports that enable two tape drives to operate in parallel, helping to reduce overall backup time
Tape Backup Technology:
- DAT72, LTO2, LTO3, LTO4, LTO5
- RD1000 removable disk drive
- DAT72, LVD SCSI LTO2, LTO3; Dell LSI2032, Dell 39320A SCSI HBA
- SAS LTO3, LTO4, LTO5; Dell SAS 5 E HBA, Dell 6Gb SAS HBA
- External USB for RD1000
Resources & Quick Links