Have you ever wished there were a simple all-in-one solution that would allow you to have the flexibility of a data center in your office or even beside your desk? So have thousands of other Dell customers. Our engineering team took those requests, went to work, and now we are proud to announce that the PowerEdge VRTX is now available to order!
This simple and sleek solution provides you with 4 server nodes, up to 48TB of integrated storage, and network switching. Even better, this solution takes up only 5U of rack space!
Dell VRTX allows you to grow at your own pace. If you want, you can start with just 2 servers and add the 3rd and 4th as your needs grow.
The VRTX solution consolidates server, storage, and networking management in one management console for easier management. The best part is you do not have to take time to learn a whole new suite of tools in order to manage all of your resources.
The ability to add expansion cards and then assign them to a specific server from a GUI interface is also a new feature. For customers with multiple remote systems, the Dell OpenManage Essentials
one-to-many console will provide a geographical map of all PowerEdge VRTX systems you have in your branch offices. You can manage any of those systems by launching the VRTX Chassis Management Controller (CMC) interface directly from the OME map. All these management features in one simple to use interface means you spend less time switching tools and more time growing your business.
PowerEdge VRTX overview video
PowerEdge VRTX Features
Dell PowerEdge VRTX whitepapers:
Additional VRTX Links:
- Powerful: Up to 4 enterprise-class PowerEdge server nodes powered by the Intel® Xeon® processor E5 family
- Data security for sensitive data with hardware accelerated encryption (AES-NI)
- Performance and security in virtualized environments (VT-x, TXT)
- Intel® Data Direct I/O Technology reduces latency and power
- Intel® Node Manager optimizes and manages power and cooling resources
- Small: Just 12" X 19 and about 175 lbs
- Two form factors: Deskside or rackable
- Plenty of storage: Up to 48tb of storage with 12 x 3.5" or 25 x 2.5" hot plug hard drives
- Fast networking: 8 1Gb Ethernet ports or optional 1GbE internal switch module
- Fully expandable input/output:8 PCIe slots (3 full height/full length and 5 low profile/half length)
- High availability and reliability: Redundant power supplies and fans
- Simple, easy-to-use management: Entry "Express" and advanced "Enterprise" levels of chassis-level management
- Office level acoustics and power: Standard 100V – 240V AC power – just plug in the wall
PowerEdge VRTX Systems Management Whiteboarding with Kevin Noreen Video
VRTX How to Videos:
How to Assign PCIe Slots - Dell PowerEdge VRTX CMC
How to Assign Shared Storage - Dell PowerEdge VRTX CMC
How to Create Virtual Disks - Dell PowerEdge VRTX CMC
What is Inside VRTX?
Inside the Lab - VRTX Hyper-V Live Migration
PowerEdge VRTX redefines efficient IT