Storage Platform(s) – Dell Compellent Series 40 and Dell Compellent Series 8000 storage systems with Storage Center 5.0 and greater
Ramamohan Reddy K
How to configure Asynchronous Replication between Compellent Storage Centers?
Asynchronous replication will be created if we value write performance and do not need the source and destination volumes to be fully synchronized at all times. It copies Replays from the source volume to
the destination volume after they are frozen.
To replicate a volume from one Storage Center to another Storage Center asynchronously, below are the prerequisites
Creating Asynchronous Replication:
- Both the Storages shold have Storage Center version 5.0 or above
- Boththe source and destination Storage Centers must be added to the Enterprise Manager Client
- The Storage Centers must be connected using Fibre Channel or iSCSI, and each Storage Center must be defined on the other Storage Center.
- On the source Storage Center, the destination Storage Center must be defined as a remote Storage Center.
- On the destination Storage Center, the source Storage Center must be defined as a remote Storage Center.
- On the source Storage Center, a quality of service (QoS) definition must be set up for the replication
- In the Enterprise manager Client Click the Replication & Live Volumes view on the left bottom of the pane.
Figure 1: Replication & Live Volumes
- In the Replications Tab choose Replicate Volumes. Then Create Replication wizard appears.
Figure 2: Replicate Volumes
- Select the source storage center from where volumes should be replicated, then click Next
Figure 3: Source storage center
- Select the destination storage center to which volumes to be replicated and click Next
Figure 4: Destination storage center
- In the next wizard, select all the volumes that has be replicated and click Next
Figure 5: Volumes that has be replicated
- In next wizard, configure the Replication attributes
- Select Type as Asynchronous
- Select other attributes Deduplication and Replicate Active Replay if it is necessary
- Select QoS node which is created as a Prerequisite.
Select the destination volume attributes and click Next
Figure 6: QoS node
- In this wizard, review and modify the replications if necessary by clicking Edit Settings, then click Finish.
Figure 7: Review and modify the replications