Krishna Kamal Kapa
How to perform manual association for Oracle Databases running on Dell infrastructure using Dell Open Manage Plugin for Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c?
Manual mapping/association provides grouping of Dell devices like server, storage and switches to the Oracle Databases to provide a topology view of the entire infrastructure. This greatly enhances the monitoring capabilities of the OpenManage plug-in for OEM and also the ability to analyze issues or trends in data and understand other areas in the infrastructure that may be impacted. The association for Dell storage and switch needs to be done manually in the Oracle Enterprise Manager
This wiki article helps to set up the manual association in the Oracle Enterprise Manager using the below steps.
1) Login to Oracle Enterprise Manager using SYSMAN or administrative privileges.
2) Navigate to Setup à Add Target à Generic System
3) In the Create Generic System Page: Provide the system name, time zone
Click on Add in Members section.
Select the Dell OME Server, Dell OME Storage, Dell OME Switch and Cluster Database target types.
Figure 2: Dell OME Server
4) Select the respective Dell devices and the Oracle cluster database where it is running.
Figure 3: Dell devices and the Oracle cluster database
5) Dell Server, Storage, switch and Oracle database are listed in the members section. Click on Next
Also select "Include targets that selected members directly depend on"
Figure 4: Dell Server, Storage, switch and Oracle database
6) Define the associations between the Oracle database and the Dell infrastructure by clicking on Add
Select the Oracle Database and Dell OME Server association: Select the Cluster Database in Member Target and then select the Dell OME server on the Associated Target. Select the association as "Installed At". Click on Ok.
Dell OME Server association
Select the Oracle Database and Dell OME Storage association: Select the Cluster Database in Member Target and select the Dell OME Storage on the Associated Target. Select the association as "Stores on Database". Click on Ok.
Cluster Database in Member Target
Select the Oracle Database and Dell OME Switch association: Select the Cluster Database in Member Target and select the Dell OME Switch on the Associated Target. Select the association as "Connects Through". Click on Ok.
Select the Cluster Database
7) The associations are shown between Oracle database and Dell devices.
8) Provide the order of the topology view by moving targets from the members to key members in the order of consideration.
9) Create Generic System: Charts page will be displayed with the metrics listed. Click on Next
10) Review the summary page and click Finish
11) Once the Generic system is created, navigate to the respective cluster database home page.
And select Cluster Database à Configuration à Topolog
Figure 12: Cluster Database
12) The below figure shows the topology view of the entire infrastructure and its connectivity to each target. The topology has the Dell Server, storage and switches along with Oracle ASM instances, Oracle Cluster database and the Oracle Homes.
Figure 13: Topology view of the entire infrastructure
The cross mark on some targets only refers to some alerts trigger for that target (it’s not the status of any target)