Dell EMC License Manager is a one-to-many license deployment and reporting tool for integrated Dell Remote Access Controller (iDRAC) and Chassis Management Controller (CMC) licenses. Dell License Manager can download, bind, deploy and backup:
- iDRAC licenses for 12th, 13th and 14th Generation PowerEdge Servers.
- CMC licenses on PowerEdge VRTX and PowerEdge FX or FX2s chassis.
- OpenManage Essentials perpetual licenses.
- PowerEdge storage sled licenses.
Dell License Manager can also inventory licensable systems to report on the licensing status and currently enabled iDRAC feature level. Use Dell iDRAC licenses to enable server management capabilities such as the virtual media and remote console support currently available in the Enterprise iDRAC feature set.
You can download licenses from the Dell Online Licensing Portal. You can purchase licenses when you purchase a server.
What is New in Dell EMC License Manager 1.5 Release:
- Changing the 'root' user password of 14th generation PowerEdge servers by using the encrypted data from the Dell EMC OpenManage Mobile (OMM) application.
Functionality added in v1.4:
- Managing licenses for volume binding and distribution by connecting to Dell Online.
- Support for 14th generation of PowerEdge servers
- Normalizing password of the root user for 14th Generation PowerEdge Servers.
Dell OpenManage License Manager Download:
Dell OpenManage License Manager Manuals are available at:
For support forum requests use the OME forum
Dell License Management Portal
Dell iDRAC content on DellTechCenter.com
Archives / Historical Documents: