A Dell Update Package (DUP) is a self-contained executable in a standard package format that updates a single software element on the system. Using DUPs, you can update a wide range of system components simultaneously and apply scripts to similar sets of Dell systems to *** levels.
You can use DUPs to:
- Apply an individual update to a system ***>
- Install device drivers in interactive and non-interactive modes.
- Execute multiple updates on the system ***-interactive commands that you write using the CLI feature.
- Leverage the scheduling of your operating system and software distribution utilities to apply updates remotely to any number of systems.
DUPs are available for the following software components:<***>
- System firmware, also known as the Embedded Systems Management (ESM) firmware
- Network firmware and drivers
- Remote Access Controller (RAC) firmware
- RAID controller firmware and device drivers
- Software RAID 3.0 (S130) driver
- Hard-disk drives (HDDs), Serial Advanced Technology Attachment (SATA), Serial Attached SCSI (SAS), and solid-state drives (SSDs)
- Lifecycle Controller
- Dell Diagnostics and Driver Pack
- Enclosures (MD12xx, MD14xx)
- OS Collector
- Chipset Drivers
What's New + Downloads
Dell Update package User Guide 17.10.00
Other Resources - OM Software Support Matrix
White Papers & ***.community.dell.com/techcenter/extras/m/white_papers/20097364.aspx">Updating ***.community.dell.com/techcenter/extras/m/white_papers/20217029.aspx">Update Dell Servers with Microsoft Windows Server 2012 Cluster Aware Update ***.community.dell.com/techcenter/extras/m/white_papers/20436978.aspx">Using Dell Update Package (DUP) to Update ***.community.dell.com/techcenter/extras/m/white_papershttp://downloads.dell.com/solutions/general-solution-resources/White%20Papers/Firmware%20Updates%20Recommended.pdf">Recommended Methods for Updating Firmware on Dell Servers