OpenManage Enterprise Tech Release is now available
OpenManage Enterprise is the next generation OpenManage Essentials. It simplifies, centralizes and automates the full span of server lifecycle management activities – discovery, configuration, deployment, updates, and remediation – within a single console that unifies management of tower, rack and modular platforms. OpenManage Enterprise assists in standardizing and supporting your IT management policies and practices.
Please visit the OpenManage Enterprise page for more information.
OpenManage Essentials information continues below
OpenManage Essentials (OME) is a systems management console that provides simple, basic Dell hardware management and is available as a free download.
OpenManage Essentials 2.4 is now available (Jan 25th, 2018). It brings a lot of great new features and enhancements to the product.
Dell OpenManage Essentials (OME) version 2.4 is the latest release of our easy to install, intuitively simple to use, and customer-acclaimed, One-to-Many systems management console that is optimized to provide comprehensive lifecycle management of Dell PowerEdge modular, rack and tower servers. OpenManage Essentials also delivers extensive infrastructure health monitoring, control, and support for Dell servers, storage, networking, business clients, firewall appliances, and 3rd party hardware.
The Hotfix for System Update issues in OME 2.4 is available now and can be found here:
Here are the instructions for installing the Hotfix:
- Ensure that you have OpenManage Essentials version 2.4 installed.
- Download OpenManageEssentials_2_4_0_1_A00.exe (Hotfix executable) and run it as Administrator.
- Verify that the HF1013.2.4 is shown by hovering the mouse over OME version in the About window.
OpenManage Essentials version 126.96.36.199 (Hotfix HF1013.2.4) provides fixes for the following:
- The 'Non-Compliant Systems' view has devices or updates missing, or is completely blank. In a few instances, when the catalog is updated or the Compliance view is refreshed, the Console stops responding and display the message: 'Unhandled error in the application. The data cache did not refresh correctly'.
- The 'Non-Compliant Systems' view is missing Hyper-V servers which are managed by the operating system IP address.
Key NEW features & Enhancements available with OpenManage Essentials v2.4:
- Support of streaming functionality for the server configuration deployment and configuration compliance tasks.
- Ability to create and manage multiple firmware baselines from repository manager files.
- Support for associating custom device groups with a firmware baseline.
- Support for generating firmware compliance report of custom device groups and updating non-compliant devices based on compliance report.
- Support for the latest models of 14th generation PowerEdge servers and networking devices.
- REST API enhancements:
- To list and manage discovery ranges for the discovered devices.
- To manage device groups, add and delete devices from the device groups.
- To generate firmware compliance reports of device groups.
- To generate configuration compliance reports of device groups.
- To view additional inventory information such as controllers, physical disks, power supplies, switches, and virtual disks related information displayed in OpenManage Essentials GUI.
- Ability to view configuration compliance reports of device groups.
- Ability to view the number of tasks being executed.
- Also refer the Release Notes to know the key fixes available in this release.
Key NEW features & Enhancements available with OpenManage Essentials v2.3 and onward:
- Support for simplified device configuration deployment and configuration compliance features by separating deployment templates and configuration baseline.
- Enhancement in the chassis configuration baseline and deployment template with additional configuration settings for compliance, deployment, and export features.
- Remediate configuration drift against the server and chassis baselines.
- Backup and restore server profiles for existing operation without redeploying the servers.
- Support for SNMPv3-based discovery and events.
- Simplified modular infrastructure configuration management by combining chassis and IOA configurations.
- Simplify template editing for boot configurations, network interface settings, and IOA VLAN attributes.
- Enabling OpenManage Essentials to be used in data centers where ICMP ping is blocked.
- Enabling the device type-based discovery in the guided wizard.
- Enabling rediscovery of server or chassis by configuring the static IPv4 address during the configuration deployment task.
- Support for the following devices:
- Additional models of networking, storage, and Disk Backup devices:
- Storage: Compellent SC7020
- Networking: S6010 - ON, S6100 - ON, S4048T – ON
- Disk Backup: DR4300, DR4300e, DR6300
- VxRail and XC series hyper-converged infrastructure
- Increase in the time interval of the Alert Ignore Action to receive ignore duplicate alerts to a maximum of 24 hours.
- Ability to save the purged alerts after the maximum size of alerts log is reached.
- More information in both inventory and hard drive information report to identify if a hard drive is self-encryption capable or Self-Encrypting Drive (SED).
- Enabling support of Programmable MUX (PMUX) mode for VLAN configuration and VLAN deployment features on IOAs.
- Capability to export the discovery ranges.
- Ability to view the virtual I/O pool size of the I/O identity types during the creation of a virtual I/O pool.
- New capabilities and enhancements in the REST interface.
- 45% increase in control and scalability across managed devices - from 5500 to 8000
Existing OpenManage Essentials features also available now in OME v2.4:
- Stateless computing with centralized management of server virtual I/O addresses within OME - Server Configuration Management
- Simplify server provisioning through profile-based deployments
- Enable elasticity of compute resources through definition of a stateless computing pool in a Boot-from-SAN environment
- Enable simplified server migration for disaster recovery operations
- Interconnects Management for PowerEdge Modular Infrastructure within OME – Server Configuration Management
- Simplify M series blade I/O Aggregator and FN IO Module provisioning through template-based deployments
- Simplified I/O connection and vLAN management for PowerEdge modular infrastructure through an easy tabular interface. It provides direct mapping between blade NIC ports and IOA/IOM server facing ports. vLAN on the IOA/IOM server facing ports can be directly managed.
- Automate vLAN provisioning as part of blade provisioning by extending server template to include definitions for vLANs on the corresponding IOA/IOM server facing ports.
- Simplified discovery for Dell PowerEdge modular infrastructure (M1000e, FX2 and VRTX)
- Elimination of multiple steps in establishing discovery ranges for various components (CMC, iDRACs, and IOAs)
- Automated speedy discovery of Dell modular infrastructure through use of a single CMC credential
- Report enhancements include the availability of additional reports and categorizations
- Alert enhancements provide root-cause sources and recommendations on how to resolve issues
- Integration with Dell ProSupport SupportAssist for proactive remote support, automated support case creation and hardware failure notification sent securely to Dell technical support for intelligent issue analysis, diagnosis, and part-replacements upon customer request
- Comprehensive, deep management visibility and control for Dell blades and Chassis Management Controller (CMC), Dell storage and networking devices, and Dell AppAssure through a context sensitive link and launch of the respective element management interface
- Geographic View at-a-glance visibility of VRTX and FX2 systems’ physical locations geographically mapped
- Agent-free OOB inventory and update of 11th, 12th ,13th and 14th generation PowerEdge servers
- Agent-free monitoring of 12th ,13th and 14th generation PowerEdge servers
- Traditional agent-based systems management functionality in all supported 11th, 12th, 13th and 14th generation PowerEdge servers
- Monitoring of non-Dell HW devices through import of 3rd party HW SNMP MIBs
- Reporting of Warranty expiration and comprehensive inventory reports
- Hardware component-level monitoring and updates for PowerEdge servers, blade systems and internal storage arrays
- Support and control of Dell hardware in Windows, Linux, VMware, Hyper-V and OpenSource environments
- Enhanced management functionality through integration with the following Dell solutions:
- Dell KACE K1000 Appliance – comprehensive, economical and straightforward management of both clients and servers through a single interface
- Dell Repository Manager – version control and scheduling of PowerEdge server updates
- Dell OpenManage Power Center – optimization of PowerEdge power usage
Dell OpenManage Essentials Core Features:
Simple and effective
- Modern UI and Faster responsiveness
- Easy to install & low touch maintenance
- Simple to use and learn
Basic Hardware Element Management
- Discover, Inventory & Monitoring Dell EMC Servers, storage and networking switches.
- Update Dell EMC Servers and Chassis.
- Configure Dell EMC Servers, Chassis and IOA/IOM
- Asset reporting (ServiceTag, FRU and Warranty, etc)
- Discover and Correlate IDRAC / Server and Blades / Chassis
- Agent Free Monitoring on 12th, and 13th generation PowerEdge servers.
- Update 11th, 12th, 13th and 14th generation PowerEdge servers
OpenManage Essentials is available as a free download from the Dell Support Site. The OME console's inventory function integrates with the Dell Repository Manager to automatically facilitate the creation of custom repositories of new updates for your systems.
If you are new to the product, Take the Quick Tour or watch the OME Overview Video below:
- Download OpenManage Essentials 2.4
- Download OpenManage Essentials 188.8.131.52 Hotfix
- Previous versions available in the Archive section below
- Download the Dell Troubleshooting Tool
- Download the Dell SNMP Configuration Tool
Licensing OpenManage Essentials "Server Configuration Management": OpenManage Essentials (OME) is available as a free software download. The download of OpenManage Essentials software also includes the opportunity to download and activate Dell SupportAssist services. In addition, Dell offers fee-based "Server Configuration Management" licenses that enable template–based deployment and configuration of bare-metal PowerEdge servers, detection of server configuration drift, virtual IO management. and state-less computing, among several additional management capabilities. "Server Configuration Management" licenses are available at both POS (Point-Of-Sale) with a server purchase and APOS (After-Point-Of-Sale) for 12th, 13th and 14th generation PowerEdge servers. License SKUS for OpenManage Essentials "Server Configuration Management" are as follows:
- POS: 634-BBWU (12th and 13th generation PowerEdge servers)
- APOS: 634-BBWT (12th and 13th generation PowerEdge servers)
- POS: 528-BBWT (14th generation PowerEdge servers)
- APOS: 528-BBSB (14th generation PowerEdge servers)
For additional information, please contact a Dell Sales Representative.
- OpenManage Essentials Discussion Forum
- OpenManage Essentials 2.4 Documentation - (Release Notes, Manuals, Support Matrix, User's Guide, White papers)
- OpenManage Essentials 2.3 Documentation - (Release Notes, Manuals, Support Matrix, User's Guide, White papers)
- OpenManage Essentials 2.2 Documentation - (Release Notes, Manuals, Support Matrix, User's Guide, White papers)
- OpenManage Essentials 2.1 Documentation - (Release Notes, Manuals, Support Matrix, User's Guide, White papers)
- OpenManage Essentials 2.0.1 Documentation - (Release Notes, Manuals, Support Matrix, User's Guide, White papers)
- OpenManage Essentials 2.0 Documentation - (Release Notes, Manuals, Support Matrix, User's Guide, White papers)
- OME Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- OME Tips and Tricks
- OME vs Dell IT Assistant
- OME Quick Tour
- Tutorial videos as the bottom of this page
- Service Offering: Remote Installation and Configuration of OME
Whitepapers and Best Practices
Setup / Settings
Deploy / Configuration
Firmware / Driver Update
Youtube Video :OME 2.4: Support of Multiple Catalog Baselines in OpenManage Essentials
Youtube Video :OME 2.3: Installing OpenManage Essentials 2.3
Youtube Video :OME 2.3: Upgrading to the latest OpenManage Essentials
Youtube Video :OME 2.3: Discover Devices based on Device Type (Enhanced Guided Discovery Wizard)
Youtube Video : OME 2.3: Discovering and Monitoring Devices By Using SNMPv3 Protocol
Youtube Video :OME 2.3 Editing boot and network configuration settings
Youtube Video : OME 2.3 Boot and Network Configuration Deployment
Youtube video : OME 2.3 Creating chassis infrastructure template
Youtube Video : OME 2.3 Deploying chassis infrastructure template
Youtube Video 10: OME 2.3 - Creating & Associating a Device Baseline
Youtube Video : OME 2.3: Remediating Non-compliant Devices by using OpenManage Essentials
Youtube Video : OME 2.3 - Replacing a Target Server by using Backup Profiles
Youtube Video : OME 2.2 Creating an IOA configuration template
Youtube Video : OME 2.2 Deploying an IOA configuration template
Youtube Video : OME 2.2 Server deployment with VLAN configuration
Youtube Video : OME 2.2 IOA VLAN configuration
Youtube Video : OME 2.1 Simplified discovery for Dell PowerEdge modular infrastructure
Youtube Video : OME 2.1 Stateless Computing Tutorial Videos
Youtube Video : Creating a Template
Youtube Video : Creating a Virtual I/O Pool (OME 2.3)
Youtube Video : Creating a Compute Pool
Youtube Video: OME 2.0 Server Configuration Tutorial Videos
Youtube Video : Adding Devices to the Bare Metal and Re-purpose Device Group
Youtube Video: Configuring Credentials and Scheduling Inventory
Youtube Video: Configuring a Deployment Share
Youtube Video: Creating a Configuration Template
Youtube Video : Deploying a Bare Metal Device
Youtube Video: Detecting Configuration Drift
Youtube Video:General OME Tutorial Videos
Youtube video:OpenManage Essentials 1.2 New Features
OpenManage Essentials 1.2 Search Bar
OpenManage Essentials 1.1 Overview - Interactive Video
OpenManage Essentials Overview Demo
0:08 - Installing OpenManage Essentals
0:56 - Discovery and Inventory
2:03 - Monitoring Health of Devices
2:43 - Using the Home Portal
5:58 - Deploying Updates
7:03 - KACE Integration + MonitoringOpenManage
Youtube Video:OpenManage Essentials and Repository Manager Integration
Youtube Video: Enable SNMP on OpenManage Server Administrator for ESXi4
Youtube Video: Enable SNMP on OpenManage Server Administrator for Windows
Youtube Video: Dell OpenManage Essentials with KACE Integration
Youtube Video: OpenManage Essentials Custom Alerts
Youtube Video:OpenManage Essentials Apply System Updates
Youtube Video: Installing Dell OpenManage Essentials
Youtube Video: OpenManage Essentials Discovery and Inventory
Youtube Video: Dell OpenManage Essentials Discovery
Archives / Historical downloads
Download OpenManage Essentials 2.2
Download OpenManage Essentials 184.108.40.206 patch
Download OpenManage Essentials 2.1
Download OpenManage Essentials 2.0.1
Download OpenManage Essentials 2.0
Download OpenManage Essentials 1.3
OME 1.3 Security HotFix
Dell Troubleshooting Tool for OME 1.3
Dell MIB Import Tool for OME 1.3
OpenManage Essentials 1.3 Documentation - (Release Notes, Manuals, Support Matrix, User's Guide, etc)
Download OpenManage Essentials 1.2
Download OME 1.2.1 Patch (OME 1.2 required) details
Infoformation on Hotfix 1001 for OME 1.2
OpenManage Essentials 1.2 Release Notes
OpenManage Essentials 1.2 Documentation - (Manuals, Support Matrix, User's Guide, etc)
Older Versions - v1.1, v1.0.1)
Dell Troubleshooting Tool for OME 1.2
Dell MIB Import Tool for OME 1.2
Download OpenManage Essentials 1.1
Download OME 1.1.1 Patch (OME 1.1 required) details
(OpenManage Essentials open source license information)
Download the Dell OpenManage MIB Import Utility (for OME 1.1)
Download the Dell OpenManage MIB Import Utility (for OME 1.0.1)
Optional Fix for False System is up/down alerts in OME 1.1/1.1.1
OME v1.1 Readme file (what's new, prerequisites, issues - updated Oct 30th, 2012)
Download the Dell Troubleshooting Tool (for OME 1.1)
Click here for OME improvements over ITA 8.9
Archives / Historical Documents
Deploying Template and Configuring VLANs on Dell Networking IOAs with Dell OpenMange Essentials (deprecated)
Stateless Deployment with OpenManage Essentials (deprecated)
Deployment and Managing Configurations with Dell OpenManage Essentials (deprecated)
Multiple OME Instances on a SQL Server Database Instance (deprecated)
OpenManage Essentials v1.3 – Supporting Dell Client Devices (deprecated)
OME v2.0 - Device Support for Dell Compellent, NAS Appliances, SonicWall Firewall, PowerConnect, Brocade Fiber Channel and Force10 switches, PDU, and UPS (deprecated)
OME v2.2 - Device Support for Dell Compellent, NAS Appliances, SonicWall Firewall, PowerConnect, Brocade Fiber Channel and Force10 switches, PDU, and UPS (deprecated)
Dell OpenManage Essentials MIB Import Utility - Monitoring Force-10 Switches (paper obsolete, now a standard feature in OME 1.1)
Managing Compellent Storage With OpenManage Essentials (obsolete)